Thursday, August 03, 2006
The Breakthrough!!
First let me say… Camera phones SUCK!!! I took a few pictures last night that I wanted to post… they don’t look good at all! So never mind.

OK – I was always a MJB fan, but after last night – I LOVE MJB!!! Do you hear me?!? Her show was wonderful. All three sets did well. Here’s my review of the show without going into too much detail because some of ya’ll haven’t gone YET. Hey Yaz!!!

Toya can sing! She only lip-synched one song & that’s because she was just jumping all around the stage dancing her ass off. But she did well. It was a little shorter than I expected, but I guess that’s because she’s still kind of new and the crowd couldn’t really sing along and get pumped with her.

Jaheim is a glitter fool!!! I don’t know if they switch up their outfits at each location… but this nigga was glittered out! But he looked good. And I always thought he sounded a little like Luther to me… but he sang one of Luther’s songs and confirmed it! He can sing his “ghetto” ass off!

Mary, Mary, Mary. What can I say about Mary? She’s the shit! That’s what I’ll say. She sang like damn near every song from The Breakthrough along with some classics. One song… not going to mention the name of it… she didn’t even sing it… she just put her mic out to the crowd and let us sing (that’s how pumped the crowd was!)

It was a damn good show & I’d pay to go see it again!!!

But of course… no matter how good something is, I can never go through the event without complaining about something… I like for shit to be perfect… sue me! Anyways…. We had really decent seats (in comparison to the stage.) But we were right by the entrance and ya’ll black motherfuckers can never come on time for shit!!! People kept coming in and would stop dead in the middle like they’re made of glass or something. That blew the shit out of me. And just because they turn the lights on in between acts does NOT mean that you HAVE to get up! The intermissions were SHORT! So what does that mean? When the next act was about to start… ya’ll fat fucks (yes fat fucks!!) were in my way… AGAIN!!! I think that’s the only thing I really complained about… because the show started on time!!! Which I was happy about.

But!!! I saw this thing!! LMAO! It was 6’9. It had boobs and booty bigger than mines! And it had a wig on. I didn’t want to stare… but I couldn’t tell if it was a man or woman. I saw it twice. First time… I was like “that is soooo a man!” But then I got a better look the second time… it didn’t have any manly features!! So I don’t know what it was. But everyone that saw it… was cracking up! The one guard called it a swamp creature. LMAO! It was one point where this nobody was singing and everyone was sitting down… Swamp creature was standing up all by itself and you could NOT miss it! LOL!!

And it was hot like fire in there because all the queens were out! Flaming!!!!! Don’t get me wrong… I’m not homophobic or anything…. But sometimes they can be a little too much…. Like this one dude had on GREEN boots. WTF?!? LOL!

But all in all the show was AWESOME!!!

Off of MJB… Sorry Honey-Libra… My brother sucks and will not be having the party this weekend. But! If you want to get up early and spend the day drinking (LMAO) we’re doing the “experiment” again… Going to the bar at 10AM just because… That should be fun! Let me know if you're interested.
 
posted by TTD at 8/03/2006 09:49:00 AM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Damn im tryna get down wit the "expermiment " again before the summer over....i think besides Miami, drinking Henny @ 2 in the afternoon was an experiment itself......

    Too bad u didnt get the pics cuz i woulda loved to see the THING

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    the show was def. fiyah!! I cna't wait for NYC

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    LOL that swamp thing I wonder if it was a womanman or a manwoman..ah well....aww boooo LOL

    Start drinking on sat morning at 10am hmm I'm gonna have to refresh my memory of the experiemnt cause you know I live in VA and if I'm drinking at 10 am LOL I aint' gonna be driving home so I will posted up on your couch till I sober up LOL

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger TTD

    missy - you need to make ur way to bmore to try the experiement one day or have some of ur friends do it w/ you!

    kween - gtl & i are looking for the info on that show

    honey - no problem! that was gtl's sister did the last time! i dont know why but i thought you were in PG county or DC.. guess VA is another hop away.. so you aren't that far!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger In Denial Hoe

    Glad to hear the show was that good - she will be in the D this month and I can not wait!!! I love some MJB !!!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    GIRL GIRL GIRL You know I couldn't wait to read ya blog today...Girrrrrrrrrl I cant wait till next Sunday..Yep its gonna be on...I have pics from the concert in other cities that I will post on my papge..cuz its a countdown over there to the 13th..I am so glad u enjoyed yourself...This will be my 5th time seeing Mary-so nothing will be surprising...lol gosh I cant wait...Im so hype and reading ya blog got me hyper (if that a word)...lol Damn..Mary is the best and can blow her ass off..

    LMAO @the swamp monster and the fat fucks...lol lol u wild!!

    MJB MJB--the Queen

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Blogger G. Mo

    Jaheim reminded you of Luther???? I've never heard that one before. I always hear the comparisons of him to Teddy Pendergrass. As for Mary, I know she tore it up. Then again she has always ripped it at the shows where I've seen her perform. That swamp creature you're talkin' bout sounds real similar to this one Shaq sized fool who was at the Destiny's Child show in DC last summer. Ere'body just went into a frozen stare when the he-she came strolling through. Some cats even thought for a sec that it was really a woman. You shoulda seen them get all excited. It was priceless when they realized the truth.

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    jaheim and luther..hmm...wifey and i think that jaheim can sing...he got a long way before he reaches "Luther" status.....

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger chele

    Glad you enjoyed the show. She's going to be in Va beach this weekend, unfortunately I didn't get tickets in time.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger TTD

    IDH - you are in for a treat!

    yaz - yes she is!

    g-mo - im sure ya'll got a lot of them in dc...

    fred - im not saying he has luther's status.. but the way he sings.. his tone reminds me of luther

    chele - im sorry you wont be able to see it b/c it really is a great show

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    You know just for talking about the swamp creature, it's going to be seated in front of you next time wearing low rise jeans and a thong and smelling like fish, hot garbage, and perfume, just for you.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    LOL@ the thing...

    So, how did the experiment turn out this time?

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    I'm glad you had a great time at the show! I know I did when I went!

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Book your Last Minute Flights to Accra from London.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You Just Made My day, Keep it Up and Please Keep Sharing
    Freda Ankamah