Monday, June 26, 2006
I'm on a mission
So a lot of my blogger-friends have been discussing their weight goals. I’m not 100% happy with my size either and thought that the support that is given through the blog for those trying to loose weight could be helpful to me as well.

Now I’m not extremely overweight… and SOME might say that’s there’s nothing wrong w/ me. But since I’m not happy with the way I look – I want to do something about it.

I currently weigh 173 pounds (although you may not think it by looking at me.)

(and i am holding my stomach in.. LOL)

I want to get back down to 140 pounds like I was my senior year in high school.

(sorry for the bad quaility - i didnt have a digital camera then.. and I dont have a scanner)

I know my problem. I like to eat… unhealthy, but great tasting food. And the better it tastes, the more I want. I work out (maybe not as much as I should, but I work out!) I attend Curves. They say as long as you go at least 3 times a week & do your two times around the circuit, you’ll see results. I noticed results in my first month there. I had lost 5 lbs., now I lose like a pound every month or so. My eating habits haven’t changed so I don’t really understand why I’m not seeing the results I want to see. They say it’s b/c first you shed the fat, and then you tone your body into muscles which is why my weight never really changes. I’m like, OK – if that’s really the case I should still see results in my body and in my clothing. I went up a size since I’ve been there. So I’m currently wearing a size 12. I want to be in a size 8.

BK I know you said to start a journal on what I eat, that way I can help to eliminate the unhealthy foods that I currently eat. Well, I bought the book – just never started writing in it. But that changes TODAY!

Honey-Libra said she noticed that when she drank a lot of water, she wasn’t as hungry as before so she drinks a lot of it to help curb her appetite… Not I! I usually skip breakfast (and I know that I shouldn’t… but I don’t have time in the morning for it.) So this past week, I’ve been drinking water all morning to try to fill me up – it makes me hungrier than when I took nothing until lunch. So there goes that theory (for me.)

When it was like 70/80 degrees outside my mom and I would walk. Now it’s like 90 degrees outside and that’s too damn hot to be walking anywhere! And the humidity ain’t no joke either… so I need to do something else.

I could go back to playing basketball with GTL but usually when he leaves to go to the gym, I’m still at Curves or have already been and don’t feel like going. I need to snap out of the latter. The reason I was 140 pounds my senior year in high school was because I played basketball all the damn time & that running up and down the courts kept me slim.

When I remember, I take the One-A-Day Weight Smart Vitamins. They do help curb my appetite a little. And I need them anyways b/c I need some vitamins to give me energy b/c my job drains me. Either I’m so bored, it makes me tired. Or I’m so busy, I’m tired. So they do come in handy.

I know what I need to do… I just got to do it! And I need to start fast!! GTL and I are going to Niagara Falls in August for out 2-year anniversary. I want this slinky black dress to where… but I can’t do that if my body’s not right.

So N1S, Insanely, GP, and everyone else… I’m joining you in your mission to lose weight!! Good luck ladies!

Suggestions welcomed…
 
posted by TTD at 6/26/2006 07:22:00 AM | Permalink |


16 Comments:


  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lāā

    LOL I thought, "Oh she don't even have a big gut!" Then you said you were holding it in. I do that ALL the time!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Losing weight is a simple equation. You need to burn more calories than you take in. Curves may not be enough of a work out for you to be losing weight. You may need to work out harder than that.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Good luck on the weight loss.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Good luck on the weight loss.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger chele

    I know the only thing that matters is how YOU feel about your weight, but seriously girl, you look good! Good luck with the weight loss.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger TTD

    laa - I ALWAYS hold my stomach in - you'd think my muscles be trained to do it by now!

    miz jj - thing is.. i'd have to start keeping track! lol - too lazy..

    luvin me - thanks!

    chele - thanks!

    TSG - i'll have to try that.. i've been trying to get to your site since thurs.. blogger has been acting crazy for me - im gonna try again now!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui

    you like fine to me...
    But like you said its about how you feel about yourself.

    Drinking water helps lose weigh because water is filling so if you drink some before you eat, you'll eat less..
    Don't eat after 7pm.

    If you push it 5 days a week you'll see results in 2 weeks, I see results, then after a month, you can do the 3 days a week just to maintain what you've worked on ...

    I got my 2Pac Shakur back...I can see the ripples coming...

    So I say GO FOR IT!!!

    If you know how to swim, thats perfect...
    cardio is great and you play ball so that shouldn't be too hard...

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Grant

    For breakfast, I recommend a cup of miso soup. You can make a pot at night, and the miso paste will preserve it for a week so you can just microwave a cup in the morning. It's good for curbing the appetite, and it's not as heavy as stuff like bacon and eggs.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Good luck TIf!!!U cna do it MA....

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    good luck...i luv to see people get healthy...i'm trying to tone and build...(HGH steroid her i come)...just kidding, don't need no 'roid rage

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Congrats on wanting to be healthier. I know how hard it is..I tried the writing the foods that I eat down...it worked for a second till I forgot and then it was like what's the point 2 weeks have gone by LOL....it's funny how we think we look one way and see pics from back in the day and want to be back there....girl do what works for you..walkin my dog helps and so do the little things, like parking farther away, taking the stairs sometimes (not 10 flights LOL) and instead of drinking soda with your burger and fries get water....I try not to treat myself like I'm cheating if I eat something I want..it's a mind thing with me LOL...I'm here with ya girl..keep me (or rather us) updated I might need to use some of your tips....

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger BK

    GIRL!!!! u can do it!!! Just let me know if you need any help.. You may want to reevaluate your membership at curves.. :) but that's for you to decide.. you need to beef up your exercise if you not gone change your diet..

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I currently drink Slim Fast (you can get it from Aldi's) or Equate (Walmarts Brand), strawberry flavored. I have one for at least two meals, and it's real hearty (not like soup but with vitamins). And, since I am on weight watchers, I watch my points for snacks in between (I'll give you a book on Monday). I've noticed that I am more conscience of what I eat if I write it down. And if I tally the points, I do wonder if it's even worth it. FYI, salsa is ZERO points!!!

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    Girl you look great to me!!!!

    I hope you had a good weekend.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Darbs

    I so need to join you Ladies on this mission...I've been doing the water thing...and I was trying to cut out the unhealthy foods (starting with fast foods and fried foods)...but I hadn't incorporated the working out part...the bottom line? It's hard to start!!! Once I start, I can keep it up (for a while). I just have to pray for the energy, strength and discipline.

    Good luck! I'm rootin' for you!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger 4EverJennayNay

    I'm gonna have to steal this tag.

    I am usually in baltimore at least twice every summer... don't think its happening this year...

    i wanna go to a party!!