Friday, February 17, 2006
Scientific Experiment
I’m so glad that it’s Friday! And not just b/c that means that I’ll be work-free for 2 days… but because tomorrow is a special day! My friends and I decided to perform a scientific experiment (as my husband likes to put it.) Before I go into the details of the experiment, I need to make a disclaimer: Me, nor my friends are alcoholics. None of us have a drinking problem or suffer from depression. Yes we love to drink, but we are in control of our drinking habits to (a) save it for the weekends (b) know our limits (c) drink responsibly.

With that said, let me break down the experiment for you, according to “Planning an Experiment” provided by Cornell University:

Questions to be answered: What does it feel like to be the 1st person at the bar? What does it feel like to be drunk when the sun is still out? How does being drunk early, affect the outcome of our day/evening/night? Who will be DRUNK first?

Hypothesis: The bar opens at 10AM, my friends and I will be highly intoxicated by lunch time!

Variables: The tolerance level difference between me and my friends and the type of alcohol we consume.

Control: Kween – she won’t be attending the function due to rehearsal. She invited us to a function later in the evening. She will answer the question: How does being drunk early, affect the outcome of our day/evening/night?

Number of Replicates: As many rounds as we can handle!!

Constants: I can’t speak for the rest of my friends, but this MY constant!



I won’t be mixing drinks… This is the ONLY drink, that I can f*ck up to the fullest and not get sick or have a hangover :o)

Now that you know the basics, here’s the game plan: We’re going to breakfast about 8ish. After breakfast, we’re going to our favorite bar BJ’s!! This place is great… Where else can you get a STRONG Hennessy & Coke for $3.20?? All I need is $20, and I’ll be drunk AND be able to tip! They open at 10AM, and we plan to be in there as soon as they open the doors!

I’ll let you know the results on Monday. Everyone have a safe and fun weekend!
 
posted by TTD at 2/17/2006 09:15:00 AM | Permalink |


19 Comments:


  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    I am so glad I get to be the control...lol...this ought to be interesting, and yes I got a kick out of this one, great post!
    8-D

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    I can't wait to see how this turns out!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Grant

    When you mentioned being drunk while the sun was up, I thought you meant partying all night long and stumbling out of the bar while people are going to work and jogging. Good luck with the boozing.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    YES!!! GOOD TIMES DAMMIT!!! I'm smiling, I am smiling. Incredible Hulks will be my constant = Henney + the blue drink (Hypnotic).

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Damn girl...u bout to be tipsy than Courtney Love at her court date......have fun,,be safe..and make sure u have a designated driver.....might hafta try that one day

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo

    i could tell u if u were in the atl

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Lol! My girlfriends and I are having a shooter party this Saturday night. Good luck and drink lots of water.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger TTD

    kween - you're only the control b/c u punked out! :oP

    luvin me - me either girl!

    grant - i wouldn't be able to party that long.. 4.5 hours tops!

    t - im smiling too! so excited!

    missy - no D.D.... we're ALL gonna be DONE! we'll just be there all day in order to sober up :o)

    torrance - huh??

    miz jj - i got my water right now! will be drinking it all day today & sunday

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger TTD

    day did you get my email about breakfast plans?

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    Punked out...no not me...just don't wanna go to my first play rehearsal all slurring my lines...iiiiii feeeeeelll buuuutttttttteeeerrrrrflllliiieeessss!!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    $3.20 for hendo and coke...hmm...(i need to make a field trip...uh..experimental trip)...i did that one time...got drunk a week before my college graduation...saturday afternoon at about 12pm, i was "sidewayz"...drove home at 3pm...passed out on my bed fully clothed...woke up at at 2am...fully refreshed...let me know how the test goes...have a good weekend...

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger TTD

    yes.. $3.20!! the cheapest i ever found it outside of our spot was $5.. so you know i fell in love when i heard $3.20!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Ddot the King

    Sounds like a really good experiment!!! I'd love to join you guys!!

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger TTD

    it's going to be great! the more the merrier!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Carmell

    sounds like fun... i knew i shouldn't have read this post now you make me wanna have a drink... i've never been drunk before lunch... how many more months i got??? LOL have fun and be safe!

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger princessdominique

    *LOL* What an experiment! Can't wait to hear it!

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Inside Man

    Make sure you wear sun glasses because everyone will be able to see it in your eyes during the daytime (from what I learned).

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Rell

    hey, can you do me a favor and go to aprilmichelle.blogspot.com and comment on her post?

    She just started her blog and is eager for some comments... THANKS!

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Kween what play you in these days? TTD rendevous on 25th in between Charles & Howard has the cheapest Hennessee I see-- every bottle at the bar has the price written on it so you know how much it is. Like I said before I'm a professional drinker-- I know every 2-4-1 happy hour there is in downtown Baltimore. I spent $8 yesterday and was gooood. My squad had to do the designated driver thing and car pool cuz they couldn't walk home from the spot we went to yesterday like me.