Thursday, June 29, 2006
It’s Official

I first was notified that they were interested in me on May 25th. I heard from their recruiter’s on May 26th. I filled out all of the paperwork as required and then there was silence. I didn’t hear from them again until June 20th. My “supervisor” asked me when was my start date. WTF?? Never! I told him that I haven’t heard anything since I filled out the paperwork. Next day, I get an offer letter.

So after taking a drug test and waiting forever to have my background check, I’m officially leaving T. Rowe Price and will be starting a new career life with Lockheed Martin in two weeks.

‘Bout fucking time!!

I’m so excited!!!!

 
posted by TTD at 6/29/2006 07:16:00 AM | Permalink |


16 Comments:


  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger chele

    Patience is a virtue.

    Congratulations Girl. Great news!

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Congrats on the new Gig!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Congrats girl!!!!!! Even the more reason to celebrate this weekend.

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Congratulations!!!!Dont forget about us, the little ppl

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger TTD

    thanks ya'll!

    chele - it's virtue that i dont possess!

    tsg - same thing, help desk, but it's lockheed martin!! and i actually got used to the whole call center environment so i can stick to it for a year or however long it takes for me to get a promotion (b/c i wont be leaving lockheed!)

    missy - im a little person just like you :-)

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Grant

    Good luck with the drug test. If you get stuck on any answers, get with me.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Congratulations on the job.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui

    CONGRATS!!

    You gone be good on the test, right?
    Lemme borrow yo pee...*lol*

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger nosthegametoo

    Excellent company.

    Congratulations. Glad to hear your hard work has paid off.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger TTD

    grant & insanely - ya'll crazy! i already passed the test.. LOL

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Congrats on the new job!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    way to go...i'm hoping i hear the same thing....congrats

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Congrats! Is it the same type of work, or something different?

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Blogger Darbs

    This is great news...I'm so very happy for you. Congratulations and good luck with the new gig...I'm sure you will shine!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger BK

    CONGRATS MA!!! that's real big!!! :) yes it is.. big things!!!!

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Rell

    I know I haven't been around lately but congratulations!