Saturday, July 15, 2006
Happy Hours Suck
I’ve only ever been to three happy hours. And at all three, I was bored out of my mind. Yesterday was OK… but after about an hour, I had enough. Drinks aren’t really that cheap. There aren’t any food specials. You get a couple of drinks and for the most part stand until someone frees up a table for you. I can go to my favorite bar and get $3.20 Hennessy & Cokes all night for that & at least I’d have a place to sit. But I appreciate my husband throwing the happy hour for me – I really do – happy hours just aren’t my place to be.

After the Happy Hour at the bar, GTL threw me a surprise party at the apt. It was funny though, b/c he kind of hinted to me that something was going on at the apartment... that he wanted it to be surprise but he wanted to make sure that I didn’t plan anything else. Some of the people that were at the party came to the happy hour too and all I can say is that I’m glad I knew about it b/c they would’ve ruined the surprise. One girl said to me, “I don’t remember how to get to GTL house, so you’re going to have to remind me.” If I ain’t know I had a party coming, I would’ve been like “Why you need to know how to get to GTL’s house?” One dude was like, “I think I’m going to stop at the bar on my way to GTL’s house, or does he have drinks there already?” If I didn’t know… I would’ve been like, what are you talking about. When/Why are you coming over? LOL. GTL made it seem like they ruined the surprise for me. LMAO!

One good thing about having a happy hour in your honor is that you don’t pay for ANYTHING!!!! And then the greatest thing about have a party in your honor is that you get 3 fifths of Hennessy & 1 fifth of Hennessey Privileged. One and quarter of the fifths are gone. The other one is going to my brother (thanks everyone – now I don’t have to spend $20!) And that Hennessy Privileged will NOT be shared. It’s ALL mine! (Thanks Kionne!)

Tonight is the boat party. I’ll try to get the pictures up tomorrow. Hope everyone has/had a great weekend!
 
posted by TTD at 7/15/2006 09:29:00 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Glad to hear that your weekend was full of fun!

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Lāā

    I happy to hear that you still had fun! Can't wait to see the pics

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    wow...happy hour where u don't pay for anything...shyt that's what's up....explain how long it took for u to get your offer letter?...i'm going thru the same BS...

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I love when things are thrown in my honor...free drinks, free food who could ask for a better way to celebrate LOL

    lookin forward to the pics

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Oh that sounds NICE..i want one..what was the special occasion?

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger TTD

    sarccastik - read the post "it's official" from the moment i got the unofficial offer... damn near 30 days later was my 1st day... i had to wait for the official one to come, a background check, a drug check, & then i could give my 2 weeks...

    missy - the special occasion was my new job... where you been at? LOL