Saturday, June 17, 2006
Respect
At first I wasn't going to add anything to this post b/c it's great & I didn't want to take away from it, but I re-read it & unless you're a fan of his blog like myself, and can easily recognize the persona in the post, then you will not know the author. It's non other than D-Dot himself! Enjoy...

My good friend Tiffany asked me to be her guest blogger and when I balked she hinted that my neice was tied up in a Baltimore basement. Needless to say here I am typing away.

I thought I'd do a post about guy and girl friendships since Tiffany and I are cool. I used to be one of those people who said males and females can't be friends. That was probably because I always ended up fucking them. But then about seven years ago I met my homegirl Monique and my whole perspective changed. She was like the female version of me except she was humble and nice. Come to think of it she was nothing like me but we had a true friendship that wasn't based on sex in any shape form or fashion.

I've never hung out with Tiffany but we chat from time to time. We have a lot in common. She's funny and what's even weirder is she gets my jokes. We are both big Jay-Z fans as well as avid basketball fans. I've seen two or three pictures of Tiffany and she looks like the basketball type chick. No not the scary WNBA player chick that looks like she could bench press you but the cool athletic chick. Just the basketball factor alone would be enough to make me want to date her but I don't and it's based on one instrumental factor in any relationship. Respect. I could be friends with a gay guy as long as there is a mutual level of respect. (i.e. Don't try to post me up in the paint just to feel my johnson )

Tiffany is in love with GTL. In our conversations she probably talks about him 98.6% of the time and I think that's cool. That's the type of girl every guy wants. One that can be cool with your friends or other males but knows where to draw the line. She shows respect for herself, her relationship, and her man. Women like that could have funky ass breath and herpes and still get a man.

There are a lot of women that won't leave their man in the room with their female friends to go take a dump. Why? Because they "know how that bitch is." It's easy to spot the female friend that will steal your man because she's the one that doesn't respect herself. If she doesn't respect herself then she sure as hell ain't going to respect you.

Male and female friendships are a little different when it comes to significan others. Because men don't trust men and women don't trust women. So you have to be able to trust your mate has respect for the rlationship. It's complicated and it doesn't always work but it can.

I'm still cool with Monique to this day. In fact she knows about Tiffany and Kionne and a few other bloger friends of mine. I'm proud to add Tiffany to that list of female friends and fully expect to be invited to her wedding although I plan on crashing it anyway. My wedding gift? A large bottle of Hennessey with a bow on top. Of course I'll have to pop the top on my way there because it's a long drive from D.C. to Baltimore and a brother needs some refreshment but I'll save them some.

So much respect to Tiffany and GTL. I wish you both the best and as long as you continue to respect yourself Tiffany you'll always have an excellent guide down lifes little road map.

Now let my goddamn niece go!!!!!
 
posted by TTD at 6/17/2006 08:06:00 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger TTD

    Thanks D for being a guest on my blog. Your post was funny & true. Respect is a very importmant factor in any relationship (or friendship) And I'm glad that you see me as a friend :-) But you have to add Jack Daniels to the wedding gift as well for GTL... LOL

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger TTD

    and LMAO at the pic of the gay guy!!

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Ddot the King

    I'm glad you liked it Tiffany. I hope your readers do too including Dickey.

    Oh and yeah I thought you'd enjoy a little Kobe basjing! LOL!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    nice post...

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    i love the post and you have a lot of good points in there...especially having the trust that your mate will respect y'alls relationship when dealing with their opposite sexed friends...and the female who doesn't respect herself part is too true...i like this post it actually open or rather i say it refreshed my insight on this matter

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    That was sweet!!!!!!:)

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    AWWWWW. That was nice.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger BK

    awh.. lemme find out!!! go head D.. doing guest spots and thangs... but I'm riding shotgun to crash da wedding :) LOL

    and u know she love dat man.. all her posts used to be about it LOL teheheeee :)

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    It's so nice when we recognize the good people and black love

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Lāā

    That's a cool post. It's so true.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Carmell

    awww D actually showin some love!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger nikki

    great post, although i went into sugar shock after reading it. LOL

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Darbs

    You are lucky to have D-Dot as a friend...seems like a really cool guy.

    @ D-Dot: You did it again...another great guest post (I read the one on Laa's site too)!