Saturday, July 29, 2006
What’s Up?!? and A Tag
Hey folks! Since I’m really only able to post like once a week.. I decided to go ahead and hit ya’ll with a long one. First… just a catch up on some things with me. Second.. a meme/tag I stole from Insanely.. my bad Nsane Lee Sane.

I’m loving my new job. My co-workers and supervisor are mad cool. My work load is so low compared to my last job… and what’s crazy is that my day still goes by fast because my co-workers make it fun (and I read ya’ll blogs of course!) Everyone there is really helpful and although I don’t have a clue about our systems… I don’t feel loss like I did when I was at my last job.

My brother is SUPPOSED to have a party next Saturday (August 5th.) Honey-Libra if something goes wrong… I’ll definitely let you know! But the details are: Ladies FREE before 11PM and $5 after. Fellas $5 before 11PM and $10 after. It’s supposed to be at Gossip’s (I have to get the address.) Black people…. That’s all I’m going to say about this party. It was supposed to be at the 347 Club… but they never really squared that away. My brother is checking TONIGHT to make sure they can get Gossip’s. All I have to say is if they don’t have his party next Saturday… whichever day in August they decide to have it… I won’t be there because I have too much shit going on with me next month and I won’t be able to make it.

Today GTL and I are going to a cookout. OH I CAN’T WAIT!! I haven’t been to a cookout (other than intimate ones with family & close friends) all summer!! And they’re going to have all types of stuff there!! They went over the menu but it was too much to remember to list for ya’ll. I know I’m on a mission... but that won’t matter today. LOL!

I’ve been slacking on my mission anyways. My mother an I took a 2-week vacation from Curves! LOL! We just didn’t feel like going. But we’re going to be back at it come Monday… so all that I eat today, I will soon work it off.

This week is Baltimore Restaurant Week. It’s where you can go to a select few expensive restaurants and pay $30 per person for a 3-course meal. We went to The Capital Grille . OMG! That food was so great! And we (or should I say he.. LOL) paid like half the price of what we would’ve paid on a normal night. But it was so nice in there – no jeans anywhere!! The governor of PA was there as well. We will definitely be going back because the food was delicious and well worth what they would normally charge. Some of the restaurants that were listed got over on people because Phillip’s Seafood Restaurant (the buffet) is already only $33 – so if you went during this week thinking you were saving some money – you only saved $3. LOL! And I think Uno’s was on there – they are far from expensive…

Wednesday, GTL and I will be going to see MJB. I can’t wait! I heard that it’s a really good show and that Jaheim tears it up! I love me some Jaheim! His music is wonderful – he just needs to come out w/ a new CD. LOL!

I think I’m done rambling… so on to the tag: Then And Now.

Ten years ago today, it was July 29, 1996. I was going into my freshman year of high school:

1) How old were you?
THEN: 13
NOW: 23

2) Where did you work?
THEN: I was too young to work!
NOW: Lockheed Martin

3) Where did you live?
THEN: I just moved to Randallstown that month.
NOW: I’m still in Randallstown

4) How was your hairstyle?
THEN: I was a big-time hooper, so if not in micros, a snatch-back – LOL!!
NOW: A wrap or corn-rows… but come next Sunday some Goddess Braids

5) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: Nope, not yet
NOW: No.. don’t feel like going through the hassle in the morning

6) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: Sometimes... Only when I REALLY couldn’t see. I was self-conscious about my appearance with glasses.
NOW: When I drive at night or in the rain. When I’m in school. And when I go to shows/events (like next Wed!)

8) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: Parakeet – Ice Cream
NOW: None

9) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: CJ (and not Cjay64 LOL)
NOW: GTL

10) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN:
Allen freaking Iverson!

NOW:
Allen freaking Iverson!

He still sexy as hell to me!

11) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: 1 (or 2 – depending on how you look at it) I had one hole in each ear
NOW: 3 (or 5 – depending on how you look at it) I have two holes in each ear and I have my navel pierced

12) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: None
NOW: 2

13) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: I really can’t remember
NOW: Beyonce (I guess – I don’t know – I don’t really have a favorite because I like a lot of music!)

14) Had you smoked a cigarette?
THEN: No
NOW: Once and never, ever again

15) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: Yup! I started that summer. LOL
NOW: I don’t drink unless I’m going to get drunk and I don’t party unless I’m drunk (and ya’ll know how much I love to party!) So that’s a HELL YEAH!

16) What kind of car did you drive?
THEN: I didn’t even have a learner’s permit! I was too young! LOL
NOW: Black 2005 Chevy Malibu

17) Looking back, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
I didn’t know what I’d be in 2006… Didn’t think about crap like that until my 10th grade year. Only thing that’s true that I didn’t want back then is that I am still kid-free!

Good day folks!
 
posted by TTD at 7/29/2006 12:26:00 PM | Permalink |


16 Comments:


  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Alright Tiffany....got that comment on #9 about CJay64...comedian like James, I see. Glad to hear that job is going well. Keep on blogging...yours is on point!!

    CJay64...Ha Ha

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger TTD

    :-) i hear ur quite the comedian urself when i'm not around.. i had to take a shot at u! LOL

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    I don't know why but I thought you were a little older.

    How do your new co-workers compare to the ones at your previous job?

    Have a great weekend.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger TTD

    that's b/c im mature for my age! LOL! a lot of people think that...

    co-workers - they're helpful & friendly! if you dont know something, they dont mind assisting you.. when it's quiet (call volume) they talk to you instead of you just staring off into space waiting for the time to wind down

    hope you have/had a good weekend too!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    i liked this meme. i'd seen it before, but most of the times i couldn't relate as the blogger was a little older. but, u and i are the same age! i'll have to "borrow" this meme.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Yeah, I always thought you were a little bit older too. What was your drink of choice when you were 13?

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    You have so much going on.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger TTD

    blkbutterfly - go ahead and "borrow" it b/c that's what i did! LOL

    laa - nope.. im a yougin! i'm the youngest of all of my friends. at 13.. i was drinking st. ides special brew - the blue one.. and barcardi limon.. i think i drank that one too much though b/c i cant stand it now!

    luvin me - i know! but come sept i'll be slowing down some

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    ITA with #10. He is still fine today. Have fun at your cookout.

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    hE sure is..had a crus hon him since Georgetown.......now give my baby a ring and let him come to Boston!!!!! I wish Boston has smething similar to that. We have a Capital Grille here...imma find me a sponsor for that

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    You will definitely have a BALL at the Mary concert! She tears it up Fo' Real!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger TTD

    mizz jj - the cookout was fun.. the food was great.. but it was HOT AS HELL outside!!

    tsg - he really is!

    missy - you need to find a sponser.. and get the steak!

    cool - i hope so!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Darbs

    Glad to hear that you are lovin' the new gig...that's great to hear!

    Have fun at the concert...I saw MJB perform two songs at one of those radio station concerts with a bizillion performers on the line up...even still...she put her heart into and KILLED it...I definitely want to see her in concert one day...you'll have to tell us how it was!

    Your meme was cute...it's always good to reflect!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    i start mine next monday...i ain't been doing shyt this week....i'm doing a lot of moving stuff and copying some old docs i need.....that's cool you like your new job....hope it stays that way...

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger The_Practitioner

    Dammit!!!

    You mean to tell me I missed Baltimore Restaurant Week. That sucks. :o(

    Oh yeah, I got a new story for you and one in the chamber. ;o)

    SD (Back In Tha Hizzy)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Hope you had fun at the restaurant. I told my roomie about the party and I'm gonna try to make it out there since I didn't go out last weekend and you know I'm gonna be there before 11 LOL..cause that's gas money...