Saturday, July 08, 2006
The Countdown Begins
1st Up – My Last Day

This Thursday is my last day at T. Rowe Price. I gave myself a 3-day weekend to relax and physically get prepared for my new career. I’m so excited. GTL is planning a happy hour for me so I can say bye to TRP with some drinks! I shouldn’t have to pay for a thing. And we all know how I love FREE DRINKS!

2nd Up – My Mom’s Surprise Birthday Party

Two more weeks… I’ll be giving my mother a surprise birthday party on July 22nd for her 50th birthday. She’ll be sooo surprised b/c I’m sure she doesn’t have a clue. I want to give a special thank you to all of my friends that are helping to make this possible: GTL is the one to get her there. He’s going to tell her he wants to throw me a surprise birthday party & he wants her to check out the different places with him. My brother is DJ’ing the party for me – for free – well not free, but cheap. I’m getting him a fifth of Hennessy b/c he knows I can’t pay him like I should. Ericka, Sheneka, Kiya and Tarisa will be helping me decorate that day and prepare all of the food & stuff. (Wonderful friends I tell you! Because my family isn’t doing much of anything but showing their greedy asses up!)

July is a busy month for me. Today I had a baby shower to go to. Next weekend, I have a white party on a boat to go to. The following weekend is my mom’s party. And the weekend after that, I have a huge cookout to go to – not to mention working each weekend (except the weekend of my mom’s party) And then August isn’t much better… Aug 2nd GTL and I are going to see MJB. That Friday, we have a crab feast to go to. That Saturday, my brother is throwing a party. GTL and I are hosting a dinner party that month. And then on the 18th, we head to Niagara Falls. Time flies when you’re having fun b/c the following month will be my birthday!!
 
posted by TTD at 7/08/2006 12:24:00 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    July sounds like it's going to be full of nonstop action for you. Hope you enjoy the parties and good luck with the new job.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Lāā

    I'm so happy for you with your new career. I noticed you didn't say job. You definitely have a lot going on this summer. Have fun!!!

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger TTD

    freaky - yes.. VERY busy! and thanks for wishes of luck

    laa - no i didnt say job b/c it's a career.. jobs are at wendy's & places like that :-)

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger chele

    Have a great time! You sound really busy. Congrats again on your new career! You must be so excited.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Dang girl you got madd stuff to do by the time you slow down it will be Christmas HAHA....have fun it's always nice to have stuff to do during the summer....

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Nothing like plenty of fun to make time fly!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    damn girl...sounds like u'll be ballin' outta control...have fun

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Sangindiva

    I am so excited about all the fun you a going to be having!!! I love hearing about all of the excitement :)
    Congrats on the party for your mom- she will be so happy.
    Don't cha just LUV when mom's are happy?! LOL!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger BK

    girl do tha damn thing.. *hoping ya mom don't read your blog* LOL :)

    friends always are around to help even when family isn't :)

    and errr pilates does work its just hard as hell!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Organized Noise

    Looks like you're keeping yourself busy. that's how it should be. Good luck with the new job.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe

    *wherph*
    I'm pooped from just reading that.
    happy trails...

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Darbs

    Wow...I got tired just reading about all the stuff on your plate the next couple of months. Get plenty of rest and take some vitamins, cause you're gonna need it!

    How sweet of you to throw your Mom a surprise b-day party...I'm sure she's gonna love it...an early "Happy Birthday" to your Mom!

    Have fun at your happy hour...CHEERS!

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I planned a suprise party for my mom's 50th birthday awhile ago. It was great. Your mom is going to love it!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger TTD

    i'll be sure to post pics of the white/boat party & of my mom's party as well