Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Weekend Recap
I had a great Christmas weekend. It was relaxed and peaceful. Only thing that would’ve made it better would be if I had a 4-day weekend, instead of 3.

Friday

Went to happy hour at Tony Roma’s with GTL and his colleagues… That was cool. Then we went over his one co-worker house to watch Talladega Nights. I sooo love that movie. Shake & Bake baby, shake & bake! LOL.

Saturday

I got up early and headed to Hagerstown to visit a friend in prison. The visit was good. Most visits, I end up wanting to kill him, but we just bugged out and was tripping the whole time. After the visit, I went down the street to the outlets to finish my Christmas shopping, where I made a killing. And I was excited because it wasn’t packed!! Most people went to the malls… which was great for me because I can’t stand being around Christmas shopping madness. I don’t have the patience.

Got back in town… went to Don Pablo’s to say farewell to TE. She leaves us today for 2 months. She texted me last night letting me know she got a digital camera for Christmas, which is great cause that means she can take a million pictures for me :-) I’m such a picture whore. LOL. Anyways… at dinner, I learned that outside of tacos and fajitas, I’m not a big Mexican food fan. After dinner we were supposed to go to TE’s house to finish off her alcohol before she left… but during my quick power nap, I received a text that she wasn’t up for it… she was tired. Fine with me!! My power nap, turned into a 12-hour night’s rest.

EDIT: Missy reminded me that I didn't share what gifts Santa bought me. I got a black 3/4 length coat; a brown leather jacket; brown knee boats; a camcorder; this little man that's really speakers for my ipod; a bunch of shirts for work; a scarf and 2 pairs of gloves; wallet; and MONEY :-)

Sunday

Got up and went to Church with GTL. After church, we went to Red Lobster… which had us full for the rest of the day. I washed clothes and then we went to GTL’s brother’s house where we drank daiquiris and bugged out.

Christmas Day

GTL and I woke up and headed to my mom’s about 8AM. We opened out gifts and all were ecstatic about what we received. I cooked us breakfast and then GTL headed to PA to see his mom for a bit. I stayed home and watch Miami defeat the Lakers :-) D. Wade is a beast! I love that guy! LOL. About 5PM my mom and I headed to my grandmother’s for dinner. GTL came over right after we finished, but he was still stuffed from his mom’s, so that was ok. After dinner we opened more gifts… then GTL and I headed out to play Santa Claus to the rest of his family. I started to go to my other grandmother’s house. But seeing as though I had to work the next day, opted to go home instead. Went back home and killed a bottle of wine…

Woke up this morning sooo wanting to call out. Not cause I had a hangover or anything like that. LOL. I just wanted another day to relax after all the hustle and bustle of Christmas Day. Today is pretty slow though, so I’m fine for now. My grandmother lives 5 min away from my job, so I’ll be headed there for lunch!

How was your Christmas???
 
posted by TTD at 12/26/2006 10:09:00 AM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger SomeOne

    Sounds like a good christmas weekend.....would it irritate you to know I didn't get out of bed until 11am.....awwwwww that felt good.


    and when you say GTL went to visit his mom....do you mean grandma or the egg carrier??

    2 months must be nice, where she going? work or pleasure? That must mean I won't see here on friday.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger TTD

    SO WHAT!!!! lol

    mom = auntie that took care of him
    TE will not be there Fri.. she's gone to New Orleans for work...

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So u aint gonna tell us waht Santa go for you and i got your guys Text..when u text me it says Tif+james...how cute...:)

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Guide_to_life

    i had a great x-mas..nuff said bring on the new year

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Don't feel so bad. I'm only off today because I have to work next weekend. Christmas was pretty quiet on this end. Got a stereo system from my mom and a bottle of wine from my cousin. That's about it.

    Thanks for the text message yesterday.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger TTD

    missy - i updated the post for you

    gtl - welcoming 2007 with open arms

    org - your welcome..

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Pamalicious

    Looks like you enjoyed yourself! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger SomeOne

    yeah aunt....my memory is all jacked up, lol

     
  • At 1:10 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    The Lakers really took an ass kicking didn't they? I loved every minute of it!!

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds like you had a busy but nice christmas - as for working on Boxing Day - Hell No!

    My christmas was very quiet - spent the eve and morning with other half and the rest of day with family - which haven't for a while but it was cool - we sat and watched old movies ALL day!

    I am more excited about New Year tho and have been since before Christmas - not sure why but see what it brings - Got anything nice planned for New Year?

    xxS*Bxx

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger TTD

    pam - i sure did! thanks :-)

    know1 - that's ok :-)

    mistress - so did i!!!

    snake bite - nothing big.. i'll post about it fri.. quiet christmas' are good..

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    My Christmas was okay. I'm glad yours was too.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hope her journey is safe...hope she blogs LOL...what no parties dang girl you slacking...glad your holiday was nice..hope to see you on friday

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank u TEe.....Everybody was getting leather coats.......and boots. ANd Lawd knows u needed that camcorder