Friday, December 29, 2006
HAPPY NEW YEAR’S!!!!!!!
To end off 2006, I’m have a pre-New Year’s Eve Happy Hour tonight… Some bloggers are supposed to come through. I hope that I get a good turn out… I know some people are going out of town or are already out of town for the holidays… we’ll see. Saturday will be chill… And Sunday GTL and I will be having a intimate gathering of our CLOSEST friends over… after going to Church of course. New Year’s Day will be spent relaxing….
To end off 2006 in the blog world, I’m going to do this meme that I stole from Chele:

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I went to Niagara Falls in August. I also danced with girls. LOL. I used to think that was sooo gross. But when I’m wasted, like most times I am in the club, it doesn’t phase me.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions?
I kept one of them… not to be stressed about other people. I’m truly living up to my blog title “Ask Me if I Care.” If certain situations don’t affect me, I really don’t care! And you know what? Being stress-free is GREAT!

3. Did anyone you know give birth?
Yes. I’m an auntie remember? My brother had a little girl. GTL’s brother had a little girl. My godson's mother had a little girl. I guess 2006 was the year of the girls? I know a lot of people that found out they were pregnant this year! Does that count?

4. Did anyone you know die?
Not anyone I know personally. My best friend's grandmother passed away this past weekend... But a lot of celebrities died this year… James Brown, Gerald Levert… to name a few.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A zero balance on my credit cards.

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory?
I don’t know! 2006 was a great year… too many good things happened for me to remember a date for them…

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
GTL and I started T&J Promotions.

9. What was your biggest failure
I don’t think I failed at anything this year…

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No. I’ve been blessed. Other than the common cold or flu, I’ve NEVER suffered any illnesses or injuries.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I dunno…

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother. Since he found out he was going to be a daddy, he manned up and got responsible, he’s taking care of his… which a lot of men don’t. Also myself! I got 4 A’s this year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Appauled – my ex-homegirl aka my Godson’s mom. She doesn’t use common sense in her love life and she constantly struggles unnecessarily… which in turns makes my Godson suffers. Depressed – I don’t get depressed cause of someone else… Fuck ‘em!

14. Where did most of your money go?
Trips and clubbing. I went to Charlotte twice, PA multiple times, Niagara Falls, Vegas.. and although I won’t be going on my ski trip until Feb, it had to be paid off by the end of the year. I party like every weekend… so that’s a no-brainer!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It doesn’t take much to excite me. I get excited about upcoming trips… meeting new people…Christmas!

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2006?
Jay-Z’s Kingdom Come. It’s the year he came out of retirement!

17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saved money. I tried, but it didn’t work out that great.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worked at my part-time job. The 1st 3 months of the year, I worked every week-end plus my full-time job. I was exhausted! I don’t think I ever really recovered from it…

19. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I was already in love with GTL… although I did “fall in love” with Dwayne Wade this year. LOL

20. How many one night stands in this last year?
None. I’m in a committed relationship!

21. What was your favorite TV program?
NCIS. Although I did get hooked onto the mini-series Fashion House

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t hate people I just cut them off… So who have I cut off that I was speaking to this time last year?? Randy… Shawn… Darius… Kishia….

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting my current position a lot earlier in the year… that stress from my previous jobs was hor-ri-ble!!!

24. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
I don’t have to explain myself to anyone. If I choose to do it, I shouldn’t do it more that once… If people didn’t comprehend the 1st time, then oh-fucking-well! Tomorrow is not promised… so live it up!!

25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
I can’t think of any… so I’m just going to steal the one that Chele used because it’s a good choice!
There are people in your life / Who’ve come and gone / They let you down / They hurt your pride / Better put it all behind you / Life goes on / Keep carrying around that anger / It’ll eat you up inside –Don Henley, The Heart of the Matter

EVERYONE HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR’S!!!!! BLOG YOU IN 2007!!!
 
posted by TTD at 12/29/2006 08:37:00 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I think we're gonna hit up DC tonight so I'll catch ya at the next event.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAPPY NEW YEAR...

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    I hope you have a Happy New Year!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cool, I'm doing this one too.

    Have a safe and happy time.

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy New Year

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    HAPPY NEW YEAR TIFF!

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger SomeOne

    Happy new year....

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger meljoy

    happy new year to you too! dude, I love the don henley quote :-)

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger BK

    Happy New Year Mrs GTL

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Rose

    A lot of people left here in 2006. Don't forget about Lou Rawls, and so many others. Hope your New Year went well.