Monday, October 02, 2006
I’m Not Focused
I was supposed to write (or at least start) on my paper this weekend – didn’t happen. I have my topic, but I don’t know where I want to go with it. I have to turn in a rough draft for a 15 page paper on Wed – I may call out of work… we’ll see. But I have no desire to complete it. Like right now, I should be researching for some stuff, what am I doing? Writing & reading blogs! Pray for me ya’ll that I’ll get it together!!

Weekend recap –

Friday didn’t go exactly as planned…. We watched the movie, but not at the time we were supposed to. We had a rule for the viewers who saw the movie – don’t say the lines, else take a shot of tequila (I think that was a bad idea) cause once the shots started flowing, the more lines were being said… One viewer would not be quiet & then got mad cause we kept telling her to be quiet… Friday was interesting to say the least… but we finally got through the movie.

Saturday GTL and I was supposed to go to the Taste of Baltimore, but it rained for most of it, so we opted to stay in and do nothing.

Sunday GTL and I went to Six Flags for my company’s picnic… it didn’t rain!!! We got there at 11AM, and we had rode all of the rides, ate, and played some games by 2:30PM – there were absolutely NO LINES!! That was so great!! Next year, I’m taking some more people with us.. they tried to say only SO & children could come – what a lie!! I was so proud of my baby – GTL does not do roller coasters… at all. He got on 3 of them with me! He did so good!

Today… I’m at work… wishing I was home so I can work on my paper. I think I may call out tomorrow and spend my day at my school researching crap…. We’ll see. Have a good week..
 
posted by TTD at 10/02/2006 12:18:00 PM | Permalink |


18 Comments:


  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    I hear you. I got work to do too! But I'm in the procrastinators club, and I have been doing everything else but the work I need to do. What can I say? I work well under pressure!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    It's the Monday blues. Good luck with the paper.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Shug

    Have fun with that paper, girl. I hate writing so I always put it off until the last minute. Awww...I want to go to Six Flags!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Grant

    Don't forget, 15 page papers are easy if you use 4" margins. Although they probably already know that trick.

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Good luck with the paper. I don't envy you one bit. Fortunately it's just a rough draft but that's still 7.5 pages a day. Maybe one of your readers will follow you around and scream "paper" every time they see you post. LOL.

    I knew your movie night was going to go wrong as soon as you mentioned the rules. Maybe next time the last person to laugh has to drink or if they can't recite a particular line verbatim they have to drink. You got through the movie but does your friend remember any of it. LOL

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Here is me sending you the motivation to get on the ball!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

    15 pages in 2 days ain't no joke, but you can do it!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    I think I'm starting to catch on to the fact that you really like amusement parks. LOL.

     
  • At 1:39 AM, Blogger deepnthought

    good luck on the paper.
    I like amusement parks too. Have a good week.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger TTD

    cool - as u can see, im in that club too!

    chele - now it's tuesday & i feel the same way! lol

    shug - there will be no fun had..

    grant - i'm sure she knows all of the tricks!!

    freaky - yeah... lucky for me.. so i can just throw something together quick & fix the final just in time.. the shot consequence wasn't my idea!

    ladynay - thank you! i need it

    stormy - thank you.. you too!

    mistress - i absolutely LOVE them..

    deep - i need ur email addy to send you the pics..

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Lāā

    I so hate writing papers. If it's something that I'm being forced to write then I can't do it. I love amusement parks too, but the people I tend to hook up with don't :-(

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    no more partying and gettin together for you until your homework is done missy...

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Get it together Ms. Thang!

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Drunk movie watching what and no Honey..that wont' no party LOL...I'm gonna have to try that with the Color Purple next time I have a movie party at the crib....

    yea I'm gonna need you to focus so we can party hard next weekend..no EXCUSES

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

    When I was in school, I did my best papers the night before. Something about the pressure makes me write better, I guess. Glad you had fun this weekend.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Taking shots huh? Thats wild!!!
    Um Ms Tiffany...I'm gone need for you to study i'ight?LOL LMAO "Keep your mind on them books and off them nucca's" Now guess where that line from?(a Classic ass movie)

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    c'mon TTD....your back in school u got to get motivated..lol...but i understand..did you finish your paper? (me wagging my finger at you)...how did you do?

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    well, it's wednesday. i'm sure the paper got done, but how late did you have to stay up? i'm the biggest procrastinator when it comes to school work, so i totally empathize with you.

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Rose

    Those are funny and cute at the same time.