Saturday, August 26, 2006
Meme to end all memes
I got this meme from my boy Freaky Deaky. He’s been on a meme kick this week… and this one I kinda liked, so I stole it! Only thing I didn’t like was that some of the questions were asked more than once, but in a different way.

Part 1: The Birth of You

Were you a planned baby?
Yes. My mother made sure that I knew that I wasn’t a mistake.

Were you the first?
Yes.

Were your parents married when you were born?
Nope.. and still aren’t

What is your birth date?
It’s coming up! So I’ll be expecting gifts :-) It’s September 25, 1982 (I’ll be 24 for you non-math majors)

Part 2: The Family

How would you describe your family?
Full of females… I don’t know.. we’re close in the sense that we can depend on each other in times of need… but we’re not so close that we’re included in our daily routines – I’m lying… some of my cousins/aunts are like that. I’m just not.

Are your parents married?
Didn’t I just answer this? No

Siblings or an only child?
Only child to my mom. I have a little sister because of my dad.

What are your siblings names?
Tiarra.

Do you have step parents?
If my parents aren’t married… then how could that be possible?

Part 3: The Friends

Do you have more than one best friend?
Yes… 3. GTL is my best friend. My “brother” is my best friend… I’m the female version of him. We’ve known each other since we were 12. My homegirl Ericka that lives in Charlotte. We’ve been friends since I was 19.

What do you like to do when you are together?
GTL… none of your business! LOL. Sike… we do everything together… so it’s hard to answer this question for him. My “brother” – we’re more phone friends. When we do see each other, it’s usually at a party that one of us is having & we’re there to support. Ericka is kind of the same in regards to being a phone friend, but only b/c she lives in Charlotte… but we usually just bug out & reminisce about our college days together. Or trip off of her daughter b/c she is off the hook!

Do you share the same interests?
I don’t think they’d be my friend if we didn’t share the same interests…

Which friend can you tell anything to?
GTL and Ericka are the ones that I usually tell any and everything to. My brother knows a lot… but some things I just don’t tell him.

Part 4: Your Personality

How high/low is your self-esteem?
My self-esteem is high. Don’t you read my blog? I’m conceded. LOL! Of course there are some things that I wouldn’t mind changing, but I don’t let those minor things change my overall view of myself.

Do you get depressed about things easily?
No… It’s weird cause some things in my life I should be really depressed about… but I can’t change it so I don’t stress over it. But I think my feelings about certain things come out when I watch movies/shows… because if it is remotely similar to something going on in my life.. I cry. But once it’s over… I’m back to my normal self!

Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
Depends… am I drunk? LOL. Really.. it depends on the environment. I can be very friendly and somewhat talkative to people I’ve just met if it’s in an environment that calls for me to do so. But I’m not one to spark a conversation w/ someone standing in front of or behind me in a long ass line just to help the time go by fast. And once I meet you… it will take me a minute to open up to you completely b/c I don’t you…

Are you happy?
That question reminds me of TI’s song… how you gonna act like that? LOL. But yes, I’m happy.

Do you live life to the fullest?
I guess. I try new things (not food!) I travel. I try my best to participate in various activities (even though it may burn me out)

Part 5: Appearance

Are you comfortable with the way you look?
For the most part.

Would you change anything about your appearance if you could?
Sure – who wouldn’t?

Do you have any piercings besides your ears?
My belly button is pierced.

Describe your hair?
Right now… braids. Normally… long and straight.

Part 6: The Past

Were you a strange child?
Strange to who? I don’t think so… cause I do see some strange ass kids these days! And I don’t think I ever acted like that growing up…

What did you use to love that you no longer do?
Being outside. I used to stay outside tripping with my friends. Now… there are too many bugs out there for me! And I don’t do bugs – at all! Plus the weather seems to never work with you. It’s either too damn hot or too damn cold – there’s never a median (unless it’s raining)

Do you have the same friends?
I’m still friends with 2 dudes I grew up with. I still keep in contact with another 2 people I knew when I was younger… but I wouldn’t consider them my “friend.”

Was there anything in your past that was traumatizing?
No… not really (at least I can’t remember)

Part 7: The Future

What is your dream?
To live a long, healthy, and happy life… and for my future children to do the same.

Are you scared of growing old?
No. “I ain’t never scared!” LOL. It’s inevitable, so why be scared? Plus you’re only as old as you feel/act.

Do you want to get married?
Yes… I’m just waiting on my ring.

LOL!

Part 8: The Outdoors

Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?
Indoors. Bugs are outside.

What is your favorite season?
The late spring b/c the weather is pretty nice & it’s not raining as much as it is in the earlier part of the season. But also fall because that’s when my birthday is and I get gifts!

Favorite weather?
Warm. Mostly Sunny. Highs about 83. (I sound like a weatherman! LOL)

Do you like walking in the rain?
That’s how you get sick! I prefer to either sit on the porch while it’s raining or to sit by an open window/door.

Part 9: Food

Are you a vegetarian?
No. Far from it!

What is your favorite food?
I don’t know… I like bar-b-q ribs… fried chicken… I guess you can say my favorite food group is meat.

What food makes you want to gag?
Peas. I actually did gag off of them once when I was little – my dad tried to make me eat them… I spit them bad boys right back out into my napkin & refused to eat them. Onions as well… I don’t like the way they feel in my mouth.

What is your favorite restaurant?
Bertucci’s. I also like Ruby Tuesdays.

Part 10: Experiences

What was one of your greatest experiences?
When we played our championship game at the Bryce Jordan Center. The rush I felt at the beginning of the game is indescribable.

Have you ever done drugs?
Yes. I’ve smoked weed a couple of times. It smells great… But I don’t do drugs anymore. (not unless you consider alcohol a drug)

Have you ever thought you were going to die?
Yes. One time I got drunk out of my mind with my brother & a few other homeboys of ours. We were drinking at a park. Then it was time to go home. The dude that was driving was all in the bushes going around curves… I just knew I wasn’t going to make it home! But I did… unharmed. Now that I think about it... growing up I did a lot of dumb ass shit where I could've died... luckily the Lord was (is) with me and always seen (sees) me through my adolescence (craziness.)
 
posted by TTD at 8/26/2006 04:53:00 PM | Permalink |


20 Comments:


  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    Excellent Meme and I am loving that ring!!! Hope you get it girl! :-)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Blogger is still acting up so hopefully if this posts it won't be a double or triple post.

    You only gagged off of the peas once. I had dry heaves for at least five minutes after I was dumb enough to bite into one. I finally had to get a spoon and drink a lot of water so I could just swallow them without chewing. I don't much care for the feel of onions in my mouth as well. Although I do love onion rings for some reason.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    oh, i planned to do this meme too! i have it as a draft...

    i'm the same way when it comes to meeting ppl. it takes me a while to open up. some ppl think i'm being aloof or stuck-up. far from it...

    "my favorite food group is meat"--- for some reason that cracked me up.

    if i miss the "is you happy?" line from why you wanna, i get mad. it cracks me up everytime. i don't know why. maybe i'm just easily amused.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger 4EverJennayNay

    oooh im stealing this one!!!

    peas? I love peas... just about any vegetable really.

    but i hate the way red meat feels when im chewing it, so i dont eat it.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger TTD

    mistress - i will.. it's just a matter of time :-)

    freaky - i dont do any types of onions.. i hate them.. i didnt gag or worse more than once off the peas cause as soon as i spit them out.. i drank my soda really quick to get that taste out of my mouth

    blkbutterfly - dont worry.. that part cracks me up too! looking forward to reading your meme

    jennay - n/p. im just the opposite.. i hate vegetables.. but love the basic meats (chicken, pork & beef - not the weird body parts though!)

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger meljoy

    I love filling out these surveys! Lol, they can get pretty addicting, I was going to post one, but it was allin musical lyrics, so no one would actually take the time to do it... and yea, I know, I have got to stop messing with my pc before I break it! It's brand new! my bro got it for me for christmas and he will kill me if I kill it!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    That was a handful and i seen what u were saying about the questions.......IM the same as u..things that are supposed to DEPRESS me don't...and the things that are not, DO...im backwards like that..im an introvert though....as flirty and active as I am....i actually hate when ppl start unsolicited convos' with me.

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Dang GTL is bout to blind himself picking that ring up LOL..hopefully he can see long enough to propse haha...you are a month and 5 days older than me (Oct 20th)...some of these questions crack me up..who thinks of these.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Loved your survey...

    Thanks for stopping by my page...yes I should have killed the little rug-rat but he got a reprieve ;-) LOL

    Ok so it took me so long to post to TODAY's topic because I read from the beginning forward. Love your blog and from your blogger list ova der <---------------- LOL I see we travel in the same circles...I'll be back *smile*

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Organized Noise

    Consider this jackked. I thought the meme I did last week was good, but this is great. Thanks for being so insightful.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    That ring is gorgeous. And I love braids right now because I am not feeling doing my hair all the time.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger TTD

    mel - i do too.. but only if they're a good one

    missy - i know what u mean.. you be wanting to be like "i dont know you.. why are you talking to me?"

    honey - he doesnt have to say anything.. just open the box while down on one knee.. lol (j/k)

    mznewagenda - guess he's lucky he's the 1st born :-) thanks! & i'll be back by ur spot too

    organized noise - i dont care & im sure freaky wont mind either! ur meme was good..

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger TTD

    miz jj - thanks! and i feel you on the hair kick!!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Rose

    You are right about this one. It is very interesting too. I may have to try to do this one..

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

    Lots of good stuff here. I might have to steal this one...

    Food that makes me gag... canteloupe. I can't even have a fruit salad if canteloupe is anywhere in the vicinity.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    GIRL I NEVER knew so much about you...lol Hmmm thats all interesting..I should do this one!! We all have done some wild shit...but its good u still aren't doing them...

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Shug

    Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by the blog. Don't be surprised if you see this survey again. I love to post them.

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Cool AC

    You have the same b-day as my mom! I also love bertucci's! That bread they bring out is off the hook!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Msnhim

    I hope you get that ring cause its hott!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Rell

    just saying hello -- it's been a while!