Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I’m so tired.. But it was well worth it!
I had a wonderful birthday weekend. I haven’t celebrated all weekend like this since my 21st birthday. I took pictures, but not a lot b/c (1) I was by time more people came, I was drunk already. (2) I got a new memory card for my camera, and it wasn’t working right – I have to send that shit back!!! I’ll edit this post later tonight and add the pictures, cause I didn’t forward them to myself so I can have them at work.

FRIDAY

I got off of work at 1:30PM. Originally, I was supposed to go get my little sister and she was going to come to my party, but when I called her, she told me she couldn’t make it. (YES!) I know that’s not right, but she lives all the way on the other side of town, and I still had to finish cooking and setting things up. I already made the seafood salad, but nothing else was done. On the menu, we had seafood salad, meatballs, fried chicken, hot wings, honey-bar-b-q wings, veggie platter, and mozzarella sticks (for those that came early). The bar lineup was Gin, Absolut, Long Island Iced-Tea, Evan Williams, Tequila, some blue mess, and Bacradi (dark & light) – this was to start off with. As more people came, so did more bottles. And since it was MY birthday, I got a lot of bottles, just for me :-) And every time I got a new bottle, I would say “Happy Birthday… to me!” LOL. By the end of the night... I had 10 bottles total: 8 of Hennessy, 1 bottle of 1738, and 1 bottle of Moet.



GTL and I throw these parties often, and we always have a ball – but I think this was the best of them yet!! At the beginning it seemed like there were 100 chicks there (LOL – it was really only 20.) Mid-way through, the ratio was even. At the end of the night, it seemed to be 100 dudes! LOL. Everyone was drunk as hell! I finally met Honey-Libra (my blog twin cause we have so much stuff in common! LOL) Her and her girlfriends are mad cool. From the looks of blog, she really enjoyed herself (so I’ll be sure to let her know when the next one is.) The party was over about 4AM

SATURDAY

I know I said that I was going to go the baseball game, but I didn’t feel like it. I didn’t have a hangover, I just was too damn tired to go. The game started at 4:30PM. My brother show started at 8PM. That’s too much driving in the same area, b/c what I would’ve worn to the game, I wouldn’t have worn to the show. And where the show was in comparison to the stadium was only like 15 min away – that’s a waste of gas. So GTL and I slept most of Saturday away. We went to lunch… first we were going to do brunch at Denny’s but then I was like, nope! I want Wendy’s. So we’re waiting in line (what seemed to be forever) and then the cook came from behind the counter with her gloves on, walked to the bathroom, like five minutes later, she came back out… with the SAME GLOVES ON!!!!! GTL and I watched her walk into the back, and grabbed a bag of fries and threw them into the deep fryer – WITHOUT CHANGING HER GLOVES!!! Gross!! So we kindly left and went to another Wendy’s b/c I was intent on getting my #2 no onions w/ a biggie Dr. Pepper! LOL.

My brother’s show was OK. It didn’t start on time – but what do you expect, we never do! The acts were a little long – especially since they were unknown acts. But my “best friend” and his little brother did well when they performed. But as I said, the show was long as hell, so we left half way through. Then we went to Houlian’s to eat. The service sucked, but the food was good. We bugged out while we were there and GTL and I experienced 1738 for the 1st time while walking to the restaurant! LOL.

SUNDAY

I got up and went to Church. Thanked God for a allowing me to get through another blessed year. Waited for GTL to finish his game and then he took me to Philadelphia for dinner. His dad & step-mom treated us to dinner and bought me a really nice watch w/ a matching bracelet. They also got me a cake! I love cake. After dinner, we watch Cold Case & Without A Trace – good season premieres!

MONDAY

This was supposed to be my recuperation day. But since I’m still tired, I guess I didn’t get much rest, huh? GTL and I both had off. We slept in and then went to the mall. I have a $25 gift card for Nine West, so I get a purse. GTL paid for me to get a massage – amazing by the way! Then we did lunch at the Japanese restaurant that’s in the mall. After that, we watched movies. Someone told me that “When A Stranger Calls” sucked – but I liked it!! Then GTL and my girlfriends went to dinner at Fridays. We all go appetizers and then when our food came, we all took a bite, and was full. The Friday’s people sung me happy birthday and gave me (or should I say us) ice cream, and we all devoured it! I was trying to watch CSI: Miami, but I couldn’t stay awake! =( If anyone knows who the killer was, please share!

I had a great birthday weekend!!! And next year will be even better because I’ll be celebrating the big 2–5! How was your weekend?
 
posted by TTD at 9/26/2006 08:25:00 AM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger nosthegametoo

    Happy belated Birthday, glad to read that you enjoyed it.

    Peace and Love.

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Girl,

    I was done on Sat morning...I woke up and thought the room was spinning lol..and had to get up and walk the dog errr. Anywho yes I had a blast...we will def have to kick it again, my girls said thanks and they had a blast too their lookin forward to the next one as well LOL...

    I know you gonna be drinkin on that Henny for about what a month LOL...

    massages are the BOMB!!!!
    Let's hope you're all recuperated

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lāā

    First of all I'm so happy that you had a great time celebrating, but I'm mad at you for calling 25 big LOL You got some really nice gifts too.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger TTD

    nos - thanks!

    honey - i woke up fine.. no hangover, just TIRED! And I'm 1/2 way through my bottles.. lol

    laa - well, 25 is the next "big" birthday after 21.. lol. I did get some really nice gifts.. my friends/fam looked out for me

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    Glad you had a great b-day. :) Funny me and mom went to Fridays too. LOL! Oh and we are going to the spa!

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    You had such a great birthday! Glad you got lots of bottles. My weekend was anywhere near as exciting.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    SO what did u get? Gotta have the MOET on your birthay when I turned 24 i had 4 bottles....

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger TTD

    cool - did your mom get serenaded as well? lol

    miz jj - i knew i was going to get some.. i just didnt think it would be that many!

    missy - i got an ipod, a wallet, gift cards, alcohol, a watch and money

    rob mack - there's like 3 in a 15 min vacinity of where I live

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Happy b-day again!

    My weekend was spent blowing my nose.

    8 bottles of hen dog! WHEW!

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    Happy Belated Birthday!
    it sounds like you had the great time you deserved!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger deepnthought

    happy birthday again. I am so glad you enjoyed your weekend. lol. at the wendys experience. When you find out who the killer was on csi miami, please let me know.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

    Now that was a birthday!!! My last birthday,all I did was take my nephew and niece to see Chicken Little. Exciting huh, LOL!

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger TTD

    ladynay - if you had a drink for ur birthday, ur cold woulda been gone!

    blkbutterfly - had a WONDERFUL time

    dee - i barely shared my bottles on fri! im not sharing ;-p

    deepnthought - i haven't found out yet.. but i'll let you know when i do

    t. cas - i liked chicken little! "who we talking about here?" lol

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    Happy birthday and be glad you're not a 26 year old hag like me.

    I feel old.