Thursday, September 07, 2006
What’s Going On?
I started school last night. I’m taking IT Law… fun. :-/
My teacher is talkative like hell. She’s goes off on tangents… when someone offers input… she cuts them off to give her 2 cents – I don’t think she does it to be rude. But she’s the type of person that when holding a conversation with someone, she hears what the person is saying, but isn’t listening to them because she’s too busy thinking of what her next comment will be. Six more weeks… But the class should be pretty easy. No quizzes or tests. Just current events & presentations and one paper. So that should be another A under my belt! It would be so great to graduate grad school with a 4.0 (keep your fingers crossed for me!)

This week has been a chill week. I didn’t do much over the weekend because I had to work at my part-time job. Monday, James & I threw a couple of steaks on the grill for us and my mom… Tuesday we saw ATL for the first time – damn good movie. I think TI really did well. Yesterday was school and today is nothing!!

Tomorrow I’m going to get my little sister (my real one.) We’re just going to hang out Friday night so that we will be well rested when we go to Kings Dominion on Saturday. It’s going to be 4 of us going. I was originally supposed to take my other little sister (the one I volunteer to be) but her mom changed her mind at the last minute. Which kind of pissed me off.

We were originally supposed to go in July (with my cousin’s job) – but the date was the day after my mom’s party and I knew I was going to be whipped and wasn’t going to be up for the ride. So I opted to go this weekend w/ my girlfriend’s job (for $20.) My little sister’s mom was like that’s fine… it works out great that way b/c it’s on Sat (instead of Sun like in July.) But when we talked in July – she acted as if she really didn’t want to go w/ us… so I gave my girlfriend the money for me & my little sister’s ticket. I told her mom – and I explained that I could tell that she didn’t really want to go the last time since she really doesn’t do the rides like that… so I only got my sister’s ticket… BUT! If you want to go – let me know and I can get an extra ticket for you. And I also said – no rush for the money, but she can pay me back for my sister’s ticket whenever she got the money. So on TUESDAY… her mom tells me that she really doesn’t have the money for my sister to go, plus she really wanted to go with her. WTF?!? My year is up in December… I think I need to find something else to do as far volunteering because I don’t like having to schedule my free time around someone else’s schedule. Plus I don’t think I’m really making an impact on my little sister as I first intended. I always come up with the things to do. She never calls me to say “Can we go here” or “Can we do this.” She never calls me at all for that matter… so what’s the point?

Looking forward to going to Kings Dominion though! Haven’t been in about 3 years. And then on October 1st, I’ll be going to Six Flags with my job! Sunday I’ll be doing nothing… Go to Church and then come home and be laid up with GTL all day.

Have a good weekend!!!
 
posted by TTD at 9/07/2006 08:33:00 AM | Permalink |


24 Comments:


  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    That's unfortunate that you aren't making a connection with your little sister. I guess you could try talking about it with her. Asking her to be more involved. Couldn't hurt to try.

    Have fun. I can not ride any of those rides. They make me nauseous and give me vertigo for days. I am such a wuss.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Cool AC

    Keep working with your little sister. She may not be able to express her feelings, but I'm sure you are impacting her life, even if she doesn't realize it right now. My little sister use to not call me either, but now I can't stop her from calling.

    I need to go to King's Dominion! I love all the rides! Have fun!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger TTD

    mizz jj - what makes it hard for her to try to be involved is that they dont have a house phone, only cell. her mom works 2 jobs... so if she's not home.. she cant use the phone...

    cool - when we're together, she's a litter chatter box! lol... but i have to decide what we're going to do 1st... and my favorite ride is the volcano!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Is it the little sister that doesn't want to do anything or is it her mother not letting her do anything and the sister playing it off.

    Good luck with school.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Teens are moody as hell these days....but she'll come around.

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger TTD

    freaky - i dont know.. i wonder that myself

    mzna - she's only 10.. and she's not really moody.. just a little quiet!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Have u tried bonding over shopping . that should work. These kids these days are lazy they dont wanna go anywhere or do anything. But im sure u made a positive impact thus far. :)

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger The Stiltwalker

    I can't help you on this one. I'm the absolute worse with young ppl. But I suppose you finding out what she really thinks is 'cool' would be good so you can relate.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Grad school 4.0? You definitely have my prayers.

    Have a good time at KD! It's been quite awhile for me also.

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    Hmm...am I a dumb ass for not knowing what Kings Dominion is?

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore

    Congrats on the 4.0. I had a 4.0 for one semester only.
    I'm going to rent ATl since you said it is so good.

    Watch out for the b-more Ghetto Boys.They are going to chase you from the #8 bus.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Don't you just love "laying up"?

    It's good that you even try to take the time to help help them...

    Good luck on that 4.0...

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Good luck on that 4.0 in grad school!

    Since she's only 10 and her mom works all the time you are definitely making a difference in her life. She just doesn't know how to let you know.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger TTD

    missy - yes.. we window shopped.. thanks :-)

    stilt - i try to do things all across the board.. things she'd like.. things she'd learn from...

    ladnay - thanks!! & i plan on it

    mistriss - no.. that just means you dont frequent the mid-eastcoast that often.. it's an amusement park

    beauty - thanks! that's why i stay away from public transporsation!!

    luvin - yes i do! thanks..

    laa - thanks.. that's sweet!

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I had a blast when I went to KD a couple of weeks ago. Man this lady was on the Hypersonic and it took off so fast that her weave flew out LOL LOL I was crackin up!!! Man I was crying that junk was funny so be careful and secure all hair ties down!!

    I am in the process of being a big sister but of course I don't want to have to get gangsta when someone trys to run game on me LOL

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    yo Tiff...forgot to tell ya....you've been tagged LOL

    http://www.mznewagenda.blog-city.com/books_books_books.htm

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    School? Are you going for your doctorate?

    Please think twice before giving up on your little sister. She needs you even if at 10 she can't express it. You are a positive Black woman and God knows she needs that in her life. We all do!!!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh my! roller coasters, I don't do those very well...

    lol @ your talkative teach, I had one of those last semester. I will be doing a post on school as well, kuz all my teachers are CRAZY, i just havent had time...

    -meljoy (for some reason the page won't load all the way, so I can't put in my blogger info...)

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger meljoy

    oh NOW it loads...

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    good luck w/ classes. a 4.0 in grad school is def. doable.

    how old's your little sister? my brother is 15, and we have to pull teeth to get him to suggest anything. it could just be am age thing.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Dang u just be traveling like crazy...lol lmao must be nice!!! Oh and goodluck in school...I 2 started myself the other week...guess Im'a do this criminal justice thang.....who knows..

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger TTD

    honey - i had a ball!!

    mznewa - i posted on your spot

    chele - my master's in IT management.. i'm going to finish thru the year.. and see what happens after that

    mel - i LOVE roller coasters!

    blkbutterfly - thanks! she's 10

    yazmar - good luck in school urself!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger BK

    keep working with her.. she may just not know how to express herself or realize that you should reach out to the other person.. talk to her.. help her to understand..

    hope you had.. DETAILS please

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    IT Law huh? Sounds interesting...good luck this semester. So far my semester has been quite busy! Too busy for me ;-)