Thursday, August 31, 2006
Hello :-)
I’m excited because my birthday is coming up. Not counting today.. it’s 25 days away! Ever since I was 21 I partied my ass off for my birthday… I decided against it this year… well against going to the club. I’m just not feeling any clubs like that at the moment.

So that Friday… GTL and I are having a “gathering.” We have these every so often. We invite friends over just because and we supply all the alcohol (except beer & wine) and food. People just come. We play tons of drinking games and just have a really good time bugging out. I know that since it’s my birthday I’m going to get so many fifths of Hennessy. I can’t wait!

Saturday… My part-time job renting out a suite at the Orioles game for us to have a company picnic. GTL & I are supposed to go. I’m still debating that one b/c I really don’t know them people like that and I’m really not trying to meet them either b/c on my small interactions w/ some of the engineers… they’re snobs. LOL. My brother is putting on a show. He has various Rap and R&B acts going on – different people from Baltimore. I hope it’s a success. But I’ll be there to support & I’m trying to get my friends to go with me.

Sunday… It’s a surprise. GTL won’t tell me.

Monday (the 25th) is my actual birthday. I will be sleeping in because I took off!

I can’t wait until this upcoming Monday because I’ll be off. I’ve been working everyday since August 22nd. That will be a well needed break! Where I will be doing nothing! I don’t remember the last time someone I know has had a real cookout for Labor Day. I might throw something on the grill… depends on how I feel when I finally get up.

I really love my new job!! I’ve been here for 7 weeks now and it’s great!! My co-workers and boss are awesome. I only come across a handful of idiots throughout the week. I love that Lockheed wants you to advance (within the company of course.) They offer mentoring programs and training courses & make it easy for you get reimbursed from school!! I’ll definitely be here for a while. Which is great because I’m just entering my 3rd year in the career world and I would be really upset if I would’ve been looking for a new job.

I don’t really have much to blog about… but I’ve been slacking on posting & it’s not because I’m too busy to do so.. cause I stay commenting! LOL. So I just threw something together. Have a good weekend.

Oh! And shout out to the new bloggers I've found this past month.. BlkButterfly, RoycesDaughter, T. Cas, Robert Mack, The Mistress, MzNewAgenda, & MsNHim. (I know I'm missing people but I'm tired & ready to go home so I can't think straight.) When I stop being lazy, I'll add ya'll to my blog roll!
 
posted by TTD at 8/31/2006 12:04:00 PM | Permalink |


21 Comments:


  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    It's nice to hear someone in this world is enjoying their job! Really. I fucking hate mine and 98% of the motherfuckers up in that joint.

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Grant

    Working every day since August 22? OMFG - the years of toil. :p

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger TTD

    mistress - i used to be like that.. that's why i kept switching jobs

    grant - dont start w/ me b/c you know my part-time job tries to drain me! lol

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    Sounds like you are ready to par-tay! I'm ready to party for my b-day too! (A week from today) I don't have a whole weekend plan in place though...

    I gotta figure out what I'm gonna do for my mom...

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    When you get older clubbing is really not as much fun. It's much more fun to hang out at home. Sad, but true.

    I am with Mistress. It's good you like your job because a lot of people do not.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger TTD

    cool - your bday's on a thurs? i would start partying that thurs night.. all the way up until Sun! lol

    mizz jj - i still like to go to the club.. they just need to open up a new one so i can see some different people in the club

    tsg - i dont even like baseball! i would only go to say that i've watched a game in a suite! lol

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    What, you don't want to work and deal with the handful of idiots and snobby engineers on your birthday? LOL I'm not mad at you. I hope you don't even think about the job on your birthday.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Organized Noise

    I know you must be tired. I remember once I worked every day for 5 weeks. I'll never do that again. Enjoy your day off.

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    all work and no play makes Tif a dull girl :) . For my birhtday we partied like it was a National holiday. I wish I coudl be there to bask in your joy. that was corny but u know what i mean. and it still will be warm out too. YOu gonna wear one of them sexy leg revealing dresses with some stilettos..i like u in them :)

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger chele

    Could the surprise the ROCK that you've been waiting for?

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Glad you're loving the now job.

    My birthjday is in a couple of weeks!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger TTD

    freaky - hell no! & dont worry.. work will be the last thing on my mind on my birthday

    org noise - earlier in the year.. i worked 3 months straight! i told myself never again!

    missy - i dont wear dresses like that when i party.. so no peeks for you! lol.

    chele - i told him not to propose to me on a holiday/birthday.. cause i want a real gift! lol

    luvin - when's your birthday??

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    LOL @ you wanting a real gift too! Just buy that man a new wallet because that ring is going to break the current one.

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Definitely have fun on your day off and save me a burnt hot dog if you put something on the grill :-D

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger TTD

    freaky - lol! a new wallet wont have anything to do w/ the $$$ in it..

    ladynay - sure will ;-)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    oh wow, i had a comment all ready and then i read some of the other comments and forgot what i was going to say.
    oh, yeah, now i remember...
    a few weeks ago i worked for like 2 weeks straight. after day 9 i was delirious. enjoy your weekend; i'm not doing a damn thing, but i'm going to enjoy it all the same.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    No party?!?!!? hehe, I'll be down in Baltimore soon! My friend wants me to visit him...so I'll be partying your way :-) and happy early birthday!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh that's me... -meljoy

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sherlon Christie

    I started clubbing at 18 and got worn out by 23 (when I graduated from college). After a while, you notice the same mofos coming to same joints and it gets tiring. I would much rather chill at the crib...cook a bunch of food and invite all my peoples over for an old fashion house party

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

    You like to drinking games? never play "I Never" with people that know all your business. You will wind up drunk as hell. I'm talking from experience. LOL

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Sangindiva

    Happy early Birthday!

    And I know your company is great! I have a friend who works for them. (He's pretty high up )
    but he loves it too :)