Saturday, August 12, 2006
I felt like shit - I need a new spot
I no longer want to party at Iguana Cantina. True, the special that they offer on Friday night is irresistible…. But my health is much more important. Friday nights, ladies pay $5 and drink free all night long… but they serve us cheap shit. I don’t like the taste of cheap rum… so I stick to the vodkas. I usually get Pineapple and Vodka. Every time I go to this club…. I feel like this the next day.

(stolen from kween :-D )

My system is used to having this good shit in it.



Something smooth & great tasting. Something that no matter how much I drink I won’t be sick (except for a fifth to myself. LOL) And I won’t have a hangover the next day. But since Iguana serves this shit (or something like it)



….I have been sick all damn day today. I’ve been sleeping in between trips to the bathroom to get that crap out of my system. I finally HAD to get up at 2:30 to start getting ready for work. I think I finally sobered up at 4PM when I walked into the building.

I don’t like being sick.. I don’t care if the night before was worth it, being sick sucks. Paying $8.50 for Hennessy & Coke at a club when I can get something else for free just doesn't seem sane to me. LOL. So I’m going to avoid that temptation of drinking for free altogether and not go to this club anymore. Damn I miss Hammer Jacks…. Their drink free included top-shelf shit… Plus the crowd of Iguana has changed…It’s not how it used to be and I don’t think I like it. It was mainly white & my girls and I could go and have a great time without be harassed by too many people in the club. Now so many niggas are in there…. I have a man… I don’t need niggas asking me “What you doing tonight?” and when I respond “Going home to my husband.” They act all stupid like, “If you married, what you doing in the club?” Bitch! Just cause your insecure, over-possessive ass don’t want you girl in the club, don’t mean that all dudes is like that! And not everybody comes to the club looking to find a man or someone to fuck! I can come just to party… Geesh! So I’m going to have to find a new spot.
 
posted by TTD at 8/12/2006 07:04:00 PM | Permalink |


21 Comments:


  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger meljoy

    omg, I'm sorry, I loooove going out to the bar, but always pre-game it, get buzzedbeofre you hit the bar that way you only have to buy a few drinks befor eyou get trashed. I drank a whole bottle of bacardi before and that was NOT fun. I woke up the next day and swore up and down I would never drink again. And never again did I drink (that much) :-)

    -mel

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Rashan Jamal

    Awww, Gordon's Vodka... I drank that when I was a starving college student. That stuff will get you sick. You may not even get buzzed, but the next morning you feel like crap.

     
  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    damn those drinks u named i never heard of...i hope u okay...

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Ewww cheap liquor! I like what I like and can't drink the cheap stuff. Plus I can't even get down with the dark. I like Mel's concept of getting your drank on before you get to the club LOL

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    I hate for guys to say stupid sh** like that! I go to the club to enjoy myself and my friends, not looking for a man!

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger TTD

    mel - that's what i do when the drinks aren't free.. that way i only need 1 drink when i get to the club

    t. cas - i was buzzed.. but sick as hell the next day as well

    sar - you never heard of Hennessy?!?!?

    laa - i need to be like that... that way i wont be sick! LOL

    luvin - i know, right?!? boys are stupid.. LOL

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Grant

    Of course, if you are looking for a man, you can drink for free anywhere. I recommend Maker's Mark - expensive, but worth it.

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah

    da hell you live where $5 is good for drinks all night long? niiiice. i use to go to this spot that had all you can drink martini's for $20...in NYC that's a great deal considering two weeks ago i went to this place that robbedme of $28 for a margarita.

    please drink responsibly...heeheehee, this coming from a chick that drinks way way too much and can't hold her liquor worth she-ite. LOL

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Sangindiva

    Hey Tiff !!! *waving*

    I so feel you on the drink thing...
    I HATE being sick from drinking!
    I barely drink anyway, but when I do I need it to be
    some quality shit :)

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    i hardly ever drink, but something tells me that anything named after a Gordon has to be bad for you! sorry you felt so bad...

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger TTD

    TSG - LOL. i know that's right!

    grant - Maker's Mark? what's in it?

    blah - baltimore.. $28 for a margarita??? f*ck that!

    sangin - Hey!!! isnt being sick the worse?

    blkbutterfly - ur not missing anything.. bad experience w/ a gordon, huh?

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    That is one reason I avoid drinking now. It makes me sick the next day and it is not worth it. At all.

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    I've never even heard of Gordon's Vodka but then again I can count on a Middle Eastern thief's hand how many times a year I actually drink. I co-sign with BlkButterfly though. Just the name alone makes it sound like some bottom shelf bathtub liquor.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger BK

    LOL.. sounds like a good time to give up liquor all together :) arent you trying to lose weight?? that's about 10 pounds right there LOL

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I TOTALLY AGREE!!! I don't get the same rush I once did from the Cantina. We need some place new to go. There has to be a similar spot down PPL. And I don't like all those d@mn nigg@s up in there, not cool black folks but nigg@s (this includes the ghetto @ss chicks). That place is becoming too "hood" for me. Call me stuck up, but I don't like hood joints.

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    i know how hard it is to resist hte free stuff. I have the same battle. I usually go ahead and buy what i want and forego the free....and ps..its not to late to come out on Sat morning.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Åsa

    So...
    Where are those drinks recipes?!
    As for drinking bad alcohol: don’t. In Sweden we always “warm up” at home (read: get shit faced) because drinks are so expensive at clubs. And for good alcohol I recommend Kettle One Vodka. Nothing better!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger TTD

    mizz jj - it's really not

    freaky - im not really sure if that's the exact brand they sell... but i know i would never buy gordon's in the liquor store

    bk diva - i am.. but this is my one evil :-)

    TE- ur not stuck up! we just need a new spot down PPL

    n1s - i will be out of town this weekend, but i'm trying to get my homegirls to come out w/ me next week

    asa - scroll down to the "i'm exhausted" post to see the recipes

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger TTD

    bdk - welcome! yeah.. i stop thru from time to time :-)

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Carmell

    those kind of niggas at every club.

     
  • At 12:50 AM, Blogger BeautyinBaltimore

    If they don't sell daqries(spell) then I don't go. That other stuff, can't handle it.