Sunday, April 30, 2006
This must be blast from the past week…
Or more like people from People are weird week.

First it was Darvin retarded ass! And now Stupid and Freak….

Stupid texted me: “I saw Twan! You can see his smile from a mile away. From Stupid” I read this and was like… Wow! It’s been a while since we last spoke, and you send me a text like we just went clubbing last night?? I deleted it. I could’ve responded asking where did she see him, but that just would’ve lead to text-messaging-conversation that would’ve included a lie as to why she fell off the face of the earth. Which would’ve lead to us communicating again. Then I would want to get my godson and then she would use my love for him, to use me for something else. So I said fuck it! Neither one of them are a part of my life anymore outside of prayer and that’s how SHE chose to make it… no need to entertain her. GTL said I should’ve responded, “Who is this?” LOL! I was like maybe, but it would’ve still lead to the lines of communication being open and that’s not what I want so….

Freak called. We held a lengthy conversation about what’s been going on in our lives and what the purpose of her original intent of getting in contact with me was. She said that it was never a problem with me, she had issues with Stupid. And since Stupid and I were close, she just chose to stay away. Her baby-father informed her that her life was always drama-free when Stupid wasn’t around. I laughed and was like, why couldn’t he tell me the same damn thing!!! My gut instinct was saying… leave the past in the past, just know that we can now be cordial when we see each other. But sometimes we never listen to our gut instinct – I really hope it doesn’t bite me in the ass. I told Freak that we should go to the bar sometime and really catch up. She was like cool. The very next day (last night) she invited me to a get-together at her man’s house in DC. I was a little skeptical at first but then was like, fuck it b/c GTL’s homeboys were in DC and if something popped off, then I know they’d come through for me. Plus I’m very good at paying attention to where I’m going when I’m not driving, just in case I need to make a call for someone to come get me. (you just never know!!)

The evening was ok. I could've/should've stayed home and finished my HW as I set out to do for the weekend. We didn’t stay long. Another one of her home-girls went with us, and just listening to their conversation proved to me that Freak and I can be cool, but we’ll NEVER be close again. She’s in a different stage in her life… a stage that I’ve already been through. She still parties to meet people. I party for the fun of it. Although she has someone in her life that she WANTS to be her man, she still talks to and visits other dudes. I’m ready to settle down (well I already have) and I don’t really want to associate with those still playing games. It’s one thing to date people to figure out who you want to make “the one” but when you have a great person in front of you – cause dude was hella cool – and you’re still seeing others, something’s wrong there. And the number one reason she and I could never be as close as we were – her daughter! I don’t have kids, and neither do any of my FRIENDS (except E down in Charlotte.) I don’t want to become cool with her again and get attached to her daughter again, and then we have a falling out again, and my feelings are hurt over a little kid again. So she’s no longer an enemy… but she’s definitely not a friend!

I wonder who from my past will call me next? That’s the problem when you have the same number for years… anybody can just decided to call and “see how you’ve been.” LOL
 
posted by TTD at 4/30/2006 08:18:00 AM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Let's just hope that whomever it maybe is someone you really wouldn't mind catching up with!

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger Waddie G.

    don't you wish you could block a person from sending you text messages?

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    girl i feel you about the "having the same number for years" thing...people will popped up out of the blue on ya...for no logical reason

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    It's happened to me so many times. Let's just hope you'll actually want to talk to the next person.

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Well it is summer and I guess people are trying to find traveling buddies LOL....when people call that I haven't talked to in a while I do what GTL said..I be like who is this, huh what and be crackin up LOL

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I'm with the professor. There should be a way to block people from sending you text messages. At least things are cordial between you can the 'Freak'. It makes life easier instead of being angry or upset.

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger chele

    Surprise phonecalls drive me nuts. I don't like talking on the phone anyway, but when someone from the past calls I get an immediate attitude. I should probably work on that.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    ain't it funny when someone from the past returns...for no damn reason...

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Funky Brewster

    thats why i looooooooove text messages. i STAY textin somebody.i can text like 50 WPM. lol.

    u can send texts with out the awkard pauses and tones of an actual voice convo.

    u just type what u wanna say and leave the other person to deal with reactin to it.

    after u hit send it aint yr problm

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger TTD

    i really dont want anyone else from my past to pop-up.. if they were worth being in my life, i woulda kept them there..

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Rell

    lol, it's funny I feel like I know these people!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    thank goodness my #'s aint hte same..the only thing the same is my job.....Im just waiting for PD to call me and tell me he's okay.....but other than that...

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Darbs

    Seems like you are putting things in perspective and proceeding accordingly very nicely...you've been there, done that...on to bigger and better!

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    they coming out of the woodwork, huh.....i've had the same number for 6 years now....every now and then i get a blast from the past...