Friday, March 31, 2006
Be Careful What You Ask For
I was so bored at my last job, and there is where/when I met the great blog world (outside of the friends I already knew!) I hated how bored I was, I just prayed and prayed to find a new job that had me busier and more productive than before. Well I got my wish! I work as a help desk tech, in a call-center. I hate it! Well not really hate it, but I hate the fact that I’m bound to my desk all day. I like to be up and about. But I’m definitely more productive and busier than before, but I’m busy doing the same thing over and over again – resetting passwords or transferring calls. Soooo boring! But I’m busy… so like I said, I got my wish. Next go round, I need to be more specific, like: Be busy, but not sooo busy I can’t blog :o) and not busy doing the same monotonous thing all day! My contract is up in a few more months. Good thing is, if I’m still not happy, my company will find me a new job, but if I can handle it another 6 months, I become a permanent employee of T. Rowe Price and can transfer the hell out of my department! We'll see how things work out come the end of August.
 
posted by TTD at 3/31/2006 11:23:00 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Grant

    I hate call center work, especially if you have to deal with external customers who seem to think part of your job description is to listen to them gripe about everything. After I got out of that job, I vowed never to do that for a living again.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger TTD

    i vowed never to do it from the door, before I ever experienced it.. but i was so sick of my last job, I was like "f" it!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    I hate call centers too...but money is money, when you need it!

    Hopefully you be able to get out of there in August.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger chele

    I think it's funny how we think we know what we really want until we actually get it.

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    girl i sooooo feel you, i wished and prayed for a job with the government, but what i do is not what i had in mind

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Darbs

    You HAVE to be specifit...THIS is VERY true. So many times we think we have gotten a raw deal, but in reality we have gotten EXACTLY what we asked for...nothing more, nothing less.

    Great lesson learned...and shared!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Carmell

    my girl's boyfriend works te help desk and can't go nowhere!