Friday, April 28, 2006
Dudes Are Crazy
So last night I’m reading for school and my phone rings with an unrecognizable number. I answers and the conversation goes like this:
Me: Hello
Him: Can I speak to Tiffany
Me: Yeah, who’s this?
Him: Darvin
Me: Silence (thinking to self, Darvin? Darvin? Darvin?) Oh! What’s up?
Him: You remember me?
Me: Yeah. What’s up?
Him: Nothing, I came across this old ass phone I had and saw your number and wanted to give you a call and see how you’ve been?
Me: I’ve been fine. How about you? What you been up to?
Him: Me? Chillin’. Up to no good. (Now even if I didn’t have a wonderful man in my life, if I haven’t talked to you in a while and you tell me you’ve been up to no good, that does NOT peak my interest.) Me and my homeboy got the high school party scene on lock and we’re about to open a club.
Me: That’s what’s up.

Darvin is the dude from People (females) are Weird that I reference in the update on “Twin.” So in the interest of brevity for this post the convo went like this: I ask him about Twin… he asks if I were home from school yet (I’ve been home for 2 years now, so that goes to show you how long it’s been since we’ve spoke.) I ask about his daughter… He now has a son….

Back to the dialect…

Me: So what made you call?
Him: I told you, I came across the phone wanted to see how you been.
Me: I get that, but it’s been over 2 years since we talked… I’m just a little confused as to what made you call me
Him: It hasn’t been that long
Me: Yes it has, because I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and you and I stopped talking before he and I hooked up.
Him: (With a surprised tone)Your boyfriend?
Me: Yeah, my boyfriend…. And the fact that you have a 7 month year old goes to show how long it’s been..
Him: I guess… but it’s about to be hot outside, I ain’t got time for relationships

Again… even if I didn’t have a wonderful man in my life, if you don’t have time for relationships, why call? I’m done with the whole “agreement” thing… we can just kick thing… you do you, I do me thing… Been there done that, Baltimore is too small to continue doing that!!

But I’m like this… if you thought that much of me to call me after two years to “see how I was doing” what makes you think that within that 2 year time span someone wouldn’t have thought that much of me to make me his girl?

Dudes are crazy and I ain’t got time, so I kindly ended that conversation short! I’m glad that GTL and I re-met, and share what we have b/c dudes are crazy and I don’t have time for their mess!!
 
posted by TTD at 4/28/2006 09:23:00 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    No he didn't call after two years and expect you to be available!

    His is a trip!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Grant

    I can't believe you didn't wait for him. :p

    I hate the calls where they have a wrong number and get mad at you for having the audacity to not be the person they wanted to reach. "Who dis?!" I always respond with "This is the person you called." I don't want to give my name to a jerk like that.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Men are so silly. Did he think that you'd be waiting around for him for 2 years? What a fool.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui

    Ewwww....

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger chele

    You're right. But the real crazy thing is that he thinks that just because he hasn't changed after two years that you haven't either.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    YEs girl be HAPPY u are ATTACHED..cuz single in the city sucks.....THe audacity of some dudes....

     
  • At 3:08 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    yeah that is crazy...wow

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Sangindiva

    He was an idiot- aren't you glad you were never his girl in the first place? Having a good man in your life is wonderful...

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    It's hot outside and I ain't got time for relationships? Umm who says that...so what he thought you were going to say so when can I see you LOL...boo please, it's hot outside and I ain't got time for idiots...LMAO..have a wonderful weekend

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Darbs

    First of all the "it's hot outside" line...is that is that in some kind of hand book? My girlfriend just had a MARRIED man tell her "it's about to be hot outside and I need a girlfriend." Ummmmmmmm...first of all sir, you're MARRIED!!! Second, like Honey said: who says that?

    How whack! (yeah, I said THAT)

    Now for Mr. Darvin...weak, tired and triflin' game...I don't know who does THAT either...I mean, really dude...are you serious?

    You gave him WAAAAAAAAAAAY more airtime than he deserved...you were harder on me for having not posted in a couple days...can you give the brotha a LITTLE attitude? LOL!

    And, yes, you are very blessed to have GTL...and vice versa of course!