Monday, April 17, 2006
It was ok…
The club itself is beautiful! It used to be a museum, turned to restaurant, now club and restaurant. The people that GTL promotes for are so unorganized! We got there at 9 as requested, but of course they didn’t arrive until 9:30 or so. So he and I and one of the other promoters just tripped out at the bar. (Our bartender sucked and almost blew my night) When they finally got there, they moved the party upstairs. Shortly after, my home-girl arrived. She and I went to the bar and took a seat while GTL did his thing. Out bartender (Joe) was GREAT!! So great he made up for the jerk downstairs. It was still early so his register wasn’t set up yet. So we ordered and he said he’ll ring us up later. Together, we had 2 shots of Patron and a Cosmopolitan (that was my first time ever having that – well it was really my home-girls, and I tasted it – A-Fucking-Mazing!!) Before he rung it up, he was like $28. OK, no problem. We took our money out and then he got situated. More people came over to him, so Joe helped them as we took our shots and she sipped her drink. Then I asked Joe for a Hennessy and Coke. So he finally got around to ringing us up for the first drink. The bill was $23. How do you add a drink and then lose some money on the bill’s balance…. I’m not complaining, but that was when I knew I was in love.. LOL!! He hooked us up! No measurements on the drinks… then he gave us FREE shots of Grand Mainer (that’s more expensive than Hennessy!) Needless to say, I was nice and drunk, which I needed to be in order to tolerate that whack ass music! White people dance to damn near anything… when EVERYONE in the room is at a standstill… that should be a sign to the DJ to change the music! But he didn’t get the hint. So we rolled out early.

Saturday…. I had to work. And then I went to Church for the Easter Vigil.. as not to have to deal with all the people that only come to church on Easter… and also to be able to sleep in on Sunday.

Sunday… I slept in. Did some laundry and then went to my grandmother’s for dinner. Dinner was delicious as always but too many damn people were there for my taste. After dinner, I stayed for another 30 min or so and then dipped. I had some homework to do anyways!

How was your weekend?
 
posted by TTD at 4/17/2006 01:00:00 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger chele

    Sounds like a good time. Cosmopolitans are all I drink these days when/if I go out. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Grant

    My weekend was dull. The Easter Bunny never came, so I spent the day working around the home and drinking Maker's Mark.

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Nika Laqui

    I'm with TSG!!

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Darbs

    Don't you just love it when you have a great bartender...I have one of those at a restaurant in DC...makes THE BEST apple martini...EVER!!!

    My weekend was okay, I guess. I worked and when to dinner with my friend and her husband (at his family's house). It was cool...got year's worth of ham (Easter is about the only time I eat it).

    Didn't get to church like I wanted to, so I was kinda bummed about that.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    I ahte going to clubs with a sucky bartendeer....you know the bartender is sucky or the patrons are cheap when the DJ is like remember to tip the bartender......I did't like Patron..but u mixed it you say? I had an Apple Martini on Saturday.....I always drink Grand Marnier...mix it with Orange Juice ..its very sweet .....

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    My weekend was busy! I have got to slow down...and I am in need of a drink too(even though I don't drink anymore...now may be a good time to start again!)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Hmm I love hook ups at the bar and I don't mean getting numbers LOL....my weekend was chill I'll have to blog about it when things calm down on my end.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I try to stick with Vodka tonic when I go out. That way I don't get hung over. Cosmos are very yummy though. I always buy Cointreau when I travel duty free so I can make them when I am at home. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Ddot the King

    Yeah I'm sure you didn't want to dela with all those people on Saturday. As opposed to all those people in the club! LOL! Ok I'm trying to not be a jerk. Anyway sounds like a good weekend. I hope your week is just as interesting...