Monday, January 08, 2007
My Weekend
Friday, I got off of work at 8PM. Went home got ready to go out. We were originally going out to celebrate one of my homegirl’s birthday… but she had made other plans at the last minute. We still went out anyways and had a good time. I was nice and tipsy! Got some bad news… the spot where I had my happy hour, the week before, closed down… I had big plans for that spot… Oh well.

Saturday, I didn’t plan on doing ANYTHING. I was chilling in the bed watching cartoons and I saw a commercial for Happy Feet – the video game, and at the end it said see movie in theatres today. I wanted to see this movie… but usually I just wait until it comes out on DVD… but that commercial made me realize that it wasn’t coming to DVD anytime soon. So I called my grandmother and asked her did she want to go to the movies with me. We set to go to the movies at 3:05PM at Security. I step up to the window to purchase the tickets… dude says that Happy Feet has been cancelled for the day. WTF?!?! So my grandmother suggested DreamGirls. Looked at my phone, it was showing at Owings Mills in 45 min, so that’s where we head since that’s like 15 min away. I’m 10 people away from the teller, and guess what? DreamGirls has sold out. Saturday was just not a good day for us and movies! So I bought ticket to Happy Feet which was in like another hour. Since we were by the mall, to kill time we went and grabbed a bite to eat. Came back and absolutely LOVED Happy Feet! I’m buying it when it comes out on DVD (whenever that is.) Went to GTL’s and we had a marvelous feast and stayed in and watched TV.

Sunday, went to church… My grandmother made me breakfast. Then I went home, relaxed a little bit and then my brother called me. He was FINALLY going to be in the area and I could see my niece. She is sooo cute! And big! She’s a little light-bright like her mom… but she’s a good baby. I held her, and fed… and my favorite part of the visit…. I gave her back!!! LOL. Babies are a lot of fun… especially when they’re NOT yours! HA. After that I went to GTL’s and we watch TV, and then I took a nice hot, relaxing bubble bath.

My weekend was GREAT! Nice and relaxing… which made me dread coming in today….
 
posted by TTD at 1/08/2007 10:51:00 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    well at least you saw something...i've been trying to get to the movies to see Black Christmas....still haven't made it there.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    Your not the only one dreading being back on the grind!

    That spot for happy hour picked up a pretty good crowd, I'm surprized it's shut down. :-(

    I am not up on the Dreamgirls hype but I am going to see Happy Feet. Thanks for more encouragement to go!

    Just wait till you and GTL start creating life...just wait! LOL

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lady J

    Your weekend sounds absolutly awesome. I havent had a weekend like that in a while.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I wanna go see Happy Feet. My mom loved it. She took my niece. I also liked Dreamgirls although I was not eager to see it. It was better than my expectations.

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger BK

    girl I am so not in the mood to be here today... I don't think i did no REAL work LOL

    movie dates are fun.. :) I'm hitting th emovies again on Sat.. taking the fam to see Stomp the Yard..first time in a long time BOTH kids wanna see the same movie LOL

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    no1 - black christmas looks like it may be good.. but i think i'll wait for that one to come out

    ladynay - we were surprised too!! and disappointed.. and we're not having kids anytime soon! lol. and happy feet is great.. GO SEE IT!

    lady j - it was, once i was able to go see Happy Feet :-)

    mizz jj - i didnt really want to see dreamgirls either.. it was just something to do! im glad i went to see happy feet

    tsg - who you telling! my pockets sure thinks that! lol. can he sit thru movies at home? if so, he should be fine in the movies.. my godson was

    bk - they are fun! but im made matinee prices end at NOON! really? who gets up that early to go to the movies?? lol

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    WOW sounds like you might not have made it to the movies if you had gotten out an later than you did. I'll have to go see Happy Feet I was gonna take my nephew to the 3d viewing them fools was like $10..umm yea right...I love babies too..and giving them back is better LOL...

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    I heard Black Christmas was bleh. I looked up the spoilers for it and I might consider letting someone buy it for me on DVD. LOL!

    I want to see Happy Feet. My uncle told me it was a good movie and should go see it. Maybe I'll get out to see it before it's on DVD.

    No, you're supposed to keep the baby and rub her on your stomach to encourage you to have one of your own. Now, don't you want to call your brother and volunteer to babysit for a year or two? [Ducks] Was that a shoe you just threw at me?

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    SInce i have no glasses its pointless for me to go to the movies. But best believe when i can see again its on and poppin!!!!!!!

    I was holding my friends brothers baby and that damn baby smelled like smoke....WTF.....

    Me and babies dont get along though.

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    Is Happy Feet about some penguins or something?

    Can't remember.

    I wanted to go see Dreamgirls but now I think I'll wait until DVD time.

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    honey - you have to go! it would've been worth the $10 (im sure) cause the regular movie was GREAT!

    freaky - i hope so... if not, make sure you buy the dvd... and no that wasn't a shoe, it was a knife! thanks :-)

    missy - are u nearsighted or farsighted? smoke? that's crazy!

    mistress - yes it is... and it's hilarious! i would wait for that or at least until the hoopla about it dies down...

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    I loved Happy Feet!

    I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    i am NEAR SIGHTED. I cant see thing far away but mainly my glasses are used for distance..especially driving

    Yah, i was bugging..poor thang was only 4 months old and i told my friend her hair smells like smoke and she said the momma and em smoke around her