Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Who Would You Choose? - Answer
Honey-Libra was closest to the response that was given to me in school. We all thought about it and we all pretty much said, “my best friend b/c you never chose a dude over your girls b/c men will come and go, but friends are forever.” What a load of crap! I changed best friends (females) in like 3 year intervals! Now that I’m older, hopefully that will change.

But I digress… after we gave our answers, we asked the teacher who would she chose. She replied, well that decision wouldn’t be hard for me because my boyfriend is my best friend, so either way I don’t lose anyone. That stuck with me in all my relationships to come (all 2.. LOL) You know the saying, friends make the best lovers? I disagree. I think that you need to make your lover your best friend. And that’s what I attempt to do. GTL and I share a wonderful relationship, but that’s because when we first got serious, I informed him that I want he and I to be best friends. You know how when something happens, and the 1st person you call would be one of your homegirls or homeboys… not with me… I call GTL b/c he's my best friend.

Now I’m not saying that your significant other should be your only friend, but I feel that if the two of you are in a committed relationship that you want to become more than boyfriend/girlfriend status, it won’t excel if you two aren’t the best of friends. More than just dating and kissing and sexing each other up! You need to be able to talk to them about any and everything… share secrets and all of that good stuff! I have great friends; don’t get me wrong, it’s just that if I plan to spend the rest of my life with someone, I want them to be my best friend…. I need to be able to hold intelligent and significant conversations with them as well spend quality time with them (doing VARIOUS activities with them.)

Just something to think about….
 
posted by TTD at 3/14/2006 04:10:00 PM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger MZPEACH

    Wow. I sure have been anticipating your response.
    Very good points. I definitely agree with you. Great post.

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger TTD

    cute pic GP!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger Darbs

    I couldn't have said it better myself! Very interesting exercise...thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Guide_to_life

    glad to know you would save me, that's a load of my mind...LOL...

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    That is something to think about....

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Lāā

    It makes so much sense. I should have thought of that.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    I was waitng ofr you to post the answer.....cuz I swore I dont know who I woulda picked.....

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Dang LOL I got a shout out I'm trying to determine if that's good or bad LOL..anywho I'd hope that would choose so I wouldn't have to, then again my best friend has been my best friend since Kindergarten so hmmm I don't know (lol) it's still a hard one...hopefully I'll never have to choose.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    It makes really tough on you if your man is your best friend and you guys break-up. Also you don't have anyone to go to for perspective. My first serious boyfriend was by best friend and when it ended I thought I'd never recover. That experience taught me to never put all your eggs in one basket.

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger TTD

    miz jj i feel you, but as i said before.. im not saying make ur significant other ur ONLY friend.. u always need multiple close friends.. i just think a lot of people fail to make their lovers their friends as well, which is why most relationships/marriages last

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger chele

    That is beautiful. My best friend for the past 25 years is a man and people always wonder why we never got together. We just never clicked like that.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice point TTD!!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    i agree with you...the misses is my best friend...she knows everything about me...i truly (as a dude) never had a best friend per say...i had homeboys...but she knows me inside and out...good post...

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Msnhim

    I agree 100%. My husband is my best friend. We can tell each other anything and I now I can always count on him

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger SilkySmooth

    Yo you hit the nail on the head. I always believed that.My mother and father put that in my head as a kid.They always explained that friends come and go not the other way around. No one should know you better than your mate.