Sunday, March 05, 2006
30 Min at a Fast Food Restaurant
My husband and I have been saying for the longest that we were going to boycott all of the fast food restaurants on Liberty Road, but we never actually did… until today! Today was the last straw!

I had to work at my part-time job this weekend. At this job, there’s only one person there on the shift, so we must bring our lunches with us. Today I had to work the 4PM-12AM, so I needed to stop and get something for me to eat because I can’t leave since I’m the only person there. Yesterday, I got a salad from McDonalds (that experience is a story in its own, so I won’t get into that.) I didn’t want a salad again, so I decided to go to Popeyes. Why?? I knew that they are usually slow. I knew that their customer service isn’t the best, yet I still went. The drive-thru line was long, so since it looked like there was only one other person inside, I went in against my better judgment. I ordered a 3-piece WHITE meal and James got a 99 cents chicken sandwich to hold him over until he cooked dinner later. We waited for about 25 minutes for them to make a sandwich that consisted of (1) a chicken tender (2) on a bun (3) with lettuce (4) and hot sauce. Twenty minutes for that?!?!?!? I was so glad that I didn’t plan on eating my food right away because it would’ve been cold! They gave us a small order of fries to go along with the sandwich in order to try and compensate for the wait… but I was already late for work. I got in the car, planning to tear up a wing before I went to work, and instead of 2 wings, I have a breast, a wing, and a leg. Heated is not the word! I waited over 20 min in that store for them to fuck my order up?!? So I went back in there (not even 2 min after I left) and told them that they messed up my order. I told them that I asked for white meat, which meant that I should not have a leg, but 2 wings along with my breast. They wanted to see a receipt. WTF?!?! Do you not remember seeing my face for the last 20 min?? The one guy was like, you probably didn’t get charged for the white meat, so that’s why you don’t have it. The “manager” (and I use that term loosely) in the back was like, “no she didn’t get charged for it.” I rudely said, “Yes I did! And it doesn’t matter if I did or didn’t, if I asked for it, and wait 20 min for it, I should get what I asked for! I got the breast, that’s not the problem… I don’t want this leg!” So they gave me a breast. That’s still not what I asked for, but I was already late for work, so I was like fuck it and took it.

Both McDonalds that are close to my house have shitty service. No matter what I order, something off the $1 menu, a value meal, a salad, I have to wait a ridiculous amount of time! Same thing with the Wendy’s. And in ALL of these restaurants, the customer service is the worse. It’s not MY fault you chose to work in a fast-food restaurant. If you don’t like your job, find a new one! Most of these places are run by teenagers. I don’t know if kids think that they can’t get a job outside of fast-food or what, but sweethearts, you can! I used to work in telemarketing, I worked at a dollar store, I worked at Pizza Hut (that’s NOT fast food.) I’ve NEVER worked in a fast food establishment… and these kids don’t have to either!

I swear! If I were to ever own a franchise in fast food, never would I hire (1) teenagers (2) young black adults (under the age of 35.) That may sound mean/prejudice as shit, but never have I been to a fast food place where kids ran it or young black adults ran it and the service was superb… NEVER! I used to be a shift manager at Pizza Hut. I didn’t play that shit. If you worked on my shift, you were going to work! You were going to follow the rules and if you dealt with the public, you would be nice and act like you like your damn job! Kids nowadays just don’t care about shit. And young black adults feel as though they deserve better than that job, therefore they give no effort and their customer service is shitty. No smiles. No hello, welcome to… No thank you, have a nice day. None of that shit! I’m not saying that I expect to be treated as royalty when I go to a fast food place, but shit! Act as if you want my business! Don’t act like I’m bothering you by coming in there. I know the mentality of these people, they’re like, “I don’t care if you come back or not, I’m still getting paid.” But let me make this clear, if enough people get fed up with the shitty ass service that they give, and no one comes to their store, they will shut down and then they will no longer get a check! I truly am done with the fast food restaurants on Liberty Road. I’d rather take that extra 15 min or so to drive to Reisterstown Rd where I know (1) my order will be correct (2) my food will be hot (3) the customer service will be decent!
 
posted by TTD at 3/05/2006 05:30:00 PM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    I agree with you. SOmetimes I dread going to Fast FOod restaurants because of the customer service. NOw its worse because some ppl be on their phones, using their headsets, arguing with their coworkers in front of you. And their managers are no older than them so they can't tell them ish. I dont even fugg with the Popeyes; around my way. THey won't get no play from me.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    It's sad to say, but true. Soemtime our people really don't give a f*** about themselves or other people.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Grant

    I quit doing fast food altogether. The food was awful, but the service was the real kicker. The funny thing is, a decent sit-down restaurant can be just as quick as fast food and without the attitude or lousy service.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    girl customer service PERIOD just sucks...everywhere you go where the mind state ain't to tight is gonna be drama...especially with some many teens working and not understanding professionalism

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    DANG!! Girl you were upset. I def understand that. I hate when they mess up and try to make it seem like it's someone else's fault that the order is wrong or mind you when your food is cold and you want hot food they get mad...boo it ain't my fault you left it sitting out when you know that food has a time limit for being left out....get it right and read the manual lol....when I worked at chick-fil-a..and they consider themselves top of the line..once fries sat out for over 2 min we had to throw them away....I am quick to send my food back..I don't play

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Carmell

    no no girl white young adults are just as bad. i live in a mostly white neighborhood and they be trippin too.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    People need to teach their children to have pride in their work, whatever your work may be even if it is just at a fast food joint. Mama J always taught me that there is no shame in doing honest work. I think that is a lesson people need to teach the next generation. You aren't too good to work at a fast food restaurant. Take pride in anything and everything you do and try to be the best. Even if it is just making fries. I am sick of this mentality that it is wack to care. Actually it is wack to be blazé about everything.

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Rell

    i've been on one of those, it simply amazes me that people can continue to be rude and to get things wrong. I mean it's not that hard -- I wanna open up a happy franchise were like you get what you want and people smile at you.

    Friendliness is dead...

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger SomeOne

    the problem is they dont take pride in their job, no matter what you do, you should take pride in it, and treat everyone who enters with respect and curteosy.....on the flip slide, i cant stand rude customers who act like they're the only ones getting serviced and requiring attention....with that being said it is hard to work with the public, ppl should know there limitations and not work with the public if they cant hack it..............

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger nikki

    DAMN. i already boycott fast food spots and this makes me feel glad i do.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger TTD

    i used to serve part-time @ ruby tuesdays.. they used to tell us all of the time, regardless of the food.. a person is more likely to decided whether or not they'll return to a spot based on the service they received.. you'd think all stores would relay that same message!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    I echo what Dee said. I'd write a letter to. I one friend who is good for that. She always has free meals and stuff from doing that, plus you'll feel better if you tell them about themselves (smile).

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger Msnhim

    Unfortunately this happens all to often.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    lol...don't popeyes piss you off sometimes...waiting and still get the wrong order...

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    popeyes piss me off cuz they always running out of chicken and bisuits