Monday, February 13, 2006
My Weekend

Friday was cool. Three of my home-girls, my husband and I went to Goucher for the “Stomp out AIDS” step show. It was mad cool. I haven’t been to a step show since I was in middle school, so it was refreshing. It was entertaining and educational. In between each act, they discussed different myths and facts about HIV/AIDS. After that, my wonderful husband played Designated Driver so me and my friends can have fun. We went to Iguana Cantina, and had a ball. See pic below:

We were SUPER done... can't you tell :o) Something about me and my friends… as long as the music is cool, we can party in any environment (and as long as I have alcohol in my system!) Iguana cantina is what is called an International Club: 85% white population, 100% hip hop and R&B. On Friday nights, ladies pay $5 and drink FREE ALL NIGHT!!! Needless to say… since none of us had to drive… we were all F*CKED UP!!! All of us love attention, so we stay on the stage –> all eyes on us. But I don’t know what it is about the black chicks in an international club.. I guess all of their mindsets is like ours… We’re there to drink and have fun without being harassed… we can accomplish that on the stage! Let me tell you something… if there are other people on the stage, b*tch! Don’t try to get up there! Not to sound racial… but this is the only conclusion that I can come up with: Black chicks believe that white chicks are scared of them (not true!) so they hop their happy asses on stage with them and try to force them to move. Sometimes this works… a lot of times this doesn’t. Most white chicks will just dance with you so that you feel uncomfortable and get back down. I don’t know what goes through black chicks minds when they get up on stage while other black chicks are there… I was here 1st, I’m NOT moving. I’m not even moving slightly so you can maneuver your way through the crowd that’s on stage! I honestly thought we were going to have to knock these b*tches out b/c they were trying to take over… but when they saw that we weren’t moving, they got the hint and bounced. I was standing on the end, the one chick had the nerve to say to me “Can you move over a little bit, I’m going to fall if you don’t.” I ignored her. I don’t give a f*ck if you fall or not… get your ass back on the floor! But one chick did fall.. LOL.. not b/c there wasn’t any room on the stage, but because she was drunk out of her mind! After I made sure she was OK… I was cracking up laughing! We all were… that sh*t is embarrassing, but when you’re that drunk you either (A) don’t need to be on stage at all or (B) need not to be close to the edge of the stage! Anyways… I had so many shots of different drinks… Friday was a great night!

Saturday: It snowed =( I was really looking forward to going to the party my husband was promoting down at Club Ten… But Alcohol + Driving + Snow = Accident Waiting to Happen… so we decided against it. But from what we heard, it was a nice turnout.

Sunday: Quiet day. My husband and I laid around the house all day. Did some cleaning and cooking…

Today: No work. Had 2 interviews… I’ll know the outcome of one tomorrow and the other some time next week. So in between blogging and emailing my husband, I’m doing my homework.

I hope that everyone had a good weekend… and well wishes of a good week!
 
posted by TTD at 2/13/2006 02:52:00 PM | Permalink |


18 Comments:


  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger TTD

    thanks! drunk people period are funny as hell!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    I like your new picture. Very cute.

    Lol! I love watching drunk girls make a fool of themselves. Hilarious!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    girl i wish i could've came, though i had a ball at my gala i was tellin you about...girl me and my homegirl Angie made the photo gallery on bmorenews.com...though they didn't tell us they were taking the pic...

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger TTD

    what's so funny about that pic.. is that i dont remember taking it! she does.. she said that she asked the dude to take it.. but you know i was done if i dont even remember taking the pic! LMAO!

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Grant

    Good luck with your interviews.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger TTD

    thanks grant.. just called called back.. i got an offer for the 1.. starting on 2/28.. im taking it! unless the other place calls me back b/w now & then...

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I'm definately gonna have to make a trip up to bmore to go to Iguana...that sounds like my kind of place LOL....sounds like you had a blast

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger TTD

    girl.. Iguana is great! only thing is parking.. but the free drinks make up for it! you have to check it out one day!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Lāā

    Sounds like you really had a great time. If I ever travel to B-more, I gotta go to that place. Free drinks!!

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    don't you hate it when people drank and can't handle it....i'm glad you didn't move....as Luda (Chris Lova-Lova) would say..."Move b$%tch, get out the way, b$$%tch get out the way"...

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger TTD

    dee - i always look for free parties (or $5) free drinks can usually be found at the "international nights"

    laalaa - if u do come thru.. no champagne for u :o)

    sarccastik - we NEVER move! chicks stay trying us..

    day - we always have fun!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Lāā

    LMAO You're right...no champagne for me!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    We had a freakin' BLAST!!! Until this Saturday morning...I'm too pumped...it's crazy homey!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    I love ladies night to. Me and my girls will be doing it up big this weekend coming up!

    Happy V-Day !!!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Let me in, in your inner circle. Will you?

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger TTD

    t - I can't wait til Sat.. We're going to be way more done than on Fri!

    nic - we have plans this weekend too! we have plans damn near every weekend

    me - can't answer that.. don't know who you are.. you're link doesnt work

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Carmell

    girl you makin me miss the days i used to kick it with my girls BK (before kids) oh...those were the days.... see i know if you keep blogging about this i can't come to often!!!! have some kids!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger MZPEACH

    You look so cute. Glad you had a good time.