Monday, February 27, 2006
My Weekend, My Last
I had a great 3-day weekend… except for Thursday night.

FUCK JHU!!!

As I said before, my husband promotes parties, and I do my best to help him out. Thursday night, the group he promotes for (HNS) were a little short staffed and I was asked to help work the door. They had 2 lines… one for general admission and one for John Hopkins University (JHU) students. I was to work the JHU line and ask the students to sign up for HNS’s email list. 90% of the people I asked turned their nose down at me and were really rude! The faces they made at me and the tone in their voices when saying NO, were as if they thought they were better than me. You just don’t know how bad I wanted to curse their asses out! But I couldn’t, b/c I really like the girl that runs HNS and I didn’t want to disrespect her, and I didn’t want to fuck up and future promotional opportunities for my husband. But these KIDS looked at me as if what I was doing was my livelihood… I so wanted to be like, “Bitch!! Don’t think you’re better than me… b/c you want to be where I am… Graduated from a well known university (with 2 degrees) and possessing a CAREER (not job!!) This is NOT my livelihood! So don’t be snobbish towards me!” I only did that for the first 2 hours of the night… but that blew my entire night… I didn’t have fun. No more JHU sponsored events for me… fuck them snobbish ass KIDS!

I WAS WASTED!!!

Friday, my husband and I had a get together at his (our) apartment. We both took off to prepare for everything… cook, clean, and set-up. We were told all day Sat that it was the “party of the year.” We had soooo much fun… food, alcohol, friends, games, good times, good times. I was well past drunk! I was wasted! So wasted, I don’t remember the anything past 1AM. So wasted that I passed out! So wasted, I was in bed all day Sat! Some might think that should’ve ruined my weekend, but it didn’t… it made it better. My husband stayed home with me and took care of me :oD

CHILLED…

Sunday, I chilled. I had to work at my part-time job. I don’t really do anything there… the easy way to make a lot of money an hour. After work, me, my husband, Kween, and Tesha bugged out with some left-over food and drinks from Friday. It was cool.

MY LAST!!!

Today is my last day with Micros. (YES!!!) I start anew with T. Rowe Price tomorrow. I’m really excited. The job isn’t even 10 min away from my house!! I haven’t had a job that close since I was in college! I just wanted to make sure I got a post up today because I don’t know what my work load will be like at TRP. I may not be able to be on the blog scene all like that… and I didn’t want anyone to wonder why I was M.I.A. So wish me luck at my new job! And everyone have a good week at work!
 
posted by TTD at 2/27/2006 08:54:00 AM | Permalink |


18 Comments:


  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Inside Man

    Congrats on the new gig, it's always a bonus to start brand new. New job, more opportunity........

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Drama Kween

    YEAH TTD NEW JOB!!! NEW JOB!!! I am sooo happy for you 8-D

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Good luck on the new job. I hope things work out well for you!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Congrats on the new job! I hope the man doesn't keep you down and keep you from blogging during the day.

    Unfortunately some people judge a book by it's cover.

    Sounds like you really had fun this weekend!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Guide_to_life

    congrats on the new job...i know first hand how your weekend went. But I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much..hell if i had that much fun i would have passed out from exhaustion...LOL

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Dang girl sounds like you has too much fun. Glad to hear that plus you can use the wasted excuse as a prelude to the celebration of starting a new job. Congrats and I hate when you're doing something and people look at you as if you have a I'm poor and you're better than me sign on your forehead....losers

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger TTD

    thanks for the congrats & luck guys!

    laa & honey - i know! but i hated it so much more just b/c i had to bite my tongue..

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Congrats on the new job!

    Man shake off those snobby little kids. You're better than that.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Grant

    Now you need to send an e-mail to all the students who did sign up saying "Thank you for joining our group. By way of thanks, we didn't pee in your drink at the party, unlike those who rebuked us."

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger TTD

    ur right miz jj.. i am!

    grant.. i love your comments.. you're so freakin funny!

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Good luck ma.......

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    Congrats on your new Job! I would love to work a min away from work, then I could really sleep in till the last min! LOL!

     
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Kip

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Kip

    This is me Chance, I wish you swell and well at your new job career it was nice knowing thee (you). And that's if we don't meet on the blogosphere again. You were fun to confabulate (talk) with and very sagacious. It was a pleasure meeting you and Guide to life. I will try to stop by and say hello with comments OK.

    you and guide to life, can find me at my blog just click on my name and it will take you to my new server. But who knows we all might meet again once your new schedule is right.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger nikki

    even if you were doing the dj gig for a living, that still doesn't give those children the right to look down on you. being gainfully employed is a good thing, period.

    congrats on the job! i hope it's working out for you.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger The_Practitioner

    I'm with you fuck JHU!

    Elitist baztards.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    This is like bizzaro world. Throwing parties and my lady working the door, passing out drunk (that's my job), working @ t. rowe. You are like a doppleganger. I learned that term from a comic book nerd.

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey JHU cut good checks ;-) Thank you mr. bloomberg, please sir, may i have another :-P