Saturday, March 18, 2006
I’m tired…
I need a vacation. I need to get away. I need a break from work… a break from school. I need to hit the lottery. I’m tired. I think I have too much on my plate. I work two jobs, I’m in school, I make a conscious effort to go to the gym at least three times a week, and I volunteer to be a big sister.

My part-time job is cool. I get paid big bucks to monitor systems and make sure nothing turns red. If it turns red, I’m supposed to call someone. When I have homework to do, they WANT me to do it, so I’m not bored and want to quit. I’m a floater, so that means I work at least 16 hours a month… sometimes more. Well one of the permanent people quit. They offered me the position, but I turned it down. So until they find someone to replace the old guy, I’m working every weekend! This is my 4th weekend straight that I had to work and it’s really starting to kick my butt! Seven days straight… all morning shifts can be hard on a person. Sometimes I just want to sleep in! I’m not going to quit the part-time job… that’s good and easy money. Shit! It’s paying for my trips to Niagara Falls and Vegas… but those trips aren’t until August and December. I need a break NOW!!!

Volunteering as a big sister is cool. I have to see her at least twice a month. But it’s kind of hard because I’m supposed to be a mentor to her, but she doesn’t really open up to me. I’m not one to pry for information. I try to make it so that a person feels comfortable around me and they just open up, but she just doesn’t want to seem to come out of her shell. Although volunteering doesn’t take much out of me, the fact that I’m working seven days a week is. I never feel like doing anything. I just want to lay around the house and relax! And that’s NOT me… As you can tell from previous posts, I like to be out and about on the weekends having a ball with GTL and/or my girls.

For instance… I wanted to go out last night to support Kween’s “Wet” function. One because I just wanted to, and two because she always supports GTL and my events. GTL was sick, but I still would’ve went out with my girls. But I was just tired!! And I’d rather had stay in the house curled up watching the NCAA tournament. That’s crazy!! I don’t get interested in the tournament until around the Sweet 16!!! So Kween… I hope you had fun! Sorry we couldn’t make it.

I usually get a nap in after I get off of my part-time job, but lately that isn’t cutting it. I have to work every weekend until Easter weekend, or until they get someone in here and trained. But I’m going to put some money aside (you too GTL) because as soon as they tell me they found a replacement… I’m going away!! I deserve and NEED it!!
 
posted by TTD at 3/18/2006 01:54:00 PM | Permalink |


21 Comments:


  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    Girl I am so feeling you on the need for a vacation. I need one to. I have been so stressed and tired lately. I just want to go some where so that I can relax my nerves and have some fun for a change!

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Carmell

    its called growing up!!! if you're tired now wait till you have kids!!!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger TTD

    i dont wanna grow up! im a toys-r-us kid.. LOL.. but seriously.. i sometimes wish that i was still in school full-time & worked part-time.. i had soooo much energy then! damn i need to hit the lottery! but i guess i have to start playing it 1st, right? :o)

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Dang I hate workin, and wouldnt if I didnt have too...good luck...u will be alright

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Rose

    I think it is admirable that you are a mentor. Thanks for visiting me and voting.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Abreu, Jorge

    Just keep at it... I'm sure when yopu get an oppurtunity to relax or vacate, it'll be all the more better. In the mean time. Work hard and play harder...

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I can definately understand that. I can't wait to take a much needed vacation or have a weeekend again where I can sleep it away if I want to....take it easy

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    I know what it feels like to be tired! I have to take some time off before I go into mental meltdown!

    You do have a lot going...take a break before you lose it!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger NegroPino™

    Aint that illegal? :) GIrl you can't do that....u will run yourself into the ground or even worse have a nervous breakdown.....You are strecthing yourself too thin.........hoPE U come to a conclusion soon..in the meantime if u are at work, just dont work too hard...:)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Rell

    seriously though you need to take a break -- don't want to get burnt out before 30!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    That's a lot of work. I got tired just reading that. I hear you about needing a vacation.

    Once your 'little sister' knows you a bit longer she'll probably open up to you.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    Yeah, it sounds like you do need a break. Take a day off in the middle of teh week or something and don't tell anyone where you are going or what you are doing. You will definitely get your rest then.

    As far as the little sister thing, it took awhile for my little sister to warm up to me too. But it will happen. How about calling her on your way home from work one day just to check on her and see how her day at school went. That is how me and my sister bonded. Now she calls me ALL the time and talks me to death. But its cool.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    TTD I had a ball...y'all was there in spirit lol...it is going down again May 19

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger TTD

    i was able to get a nice long sleep yesterday! i went to take at nap around 5PM yesterday.. woke up about 1AM and went right back to sleep until this morning!

    Dee.. we can be blog sisters!

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Darbs

    I totally understand where you are coming about needing a vacation. I wish Calgon would come and take me way...specifically to the Domnican Republic.

    You definitely do deserve a break...I got tired just reading your post :o) I hope it comes for you soon.

    And although I know you won't, don't give up on your little sister. I'm sure that what you are doing for and with her means the world to her and when you least expect it, she's going to open up.

    Get some rest...

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Peace

    Poor baby - You sound like me in college! I was wondering why I was SO sleepy until I actually added up the hours I was working. 60-67 a week plus 18 units of school and volunteering! All I can say is - do it while you're young and SAVE MONEY! Don't let all this working be in vain. Remember to take time for you (I had to take a "sick" day last Friday just so I could sleep in and get stuff done around the house!)
    Feel Peace.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger nikki

    get that break in before ya folk are burying you!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Calgon aint taking me to the dominican republic but my last minute negroid buddy is making me attend his wedding there. It's not like he had to pull my leg much. Make sure you hit up Toronto when you hit Niagra Falls-- it's like a clean New York. Oh Kween and them killed it. I heard I was there.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger SomeOne

    get some rest ma, part time jobs are the devil,

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger TTD

    tif.. i'll have to keep that in mind

    insane.. when we do talk.. we have SOOOO much in common.. she's really a mini-me!

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Sangindiva

    HEEY! This is my first time to your spot!
    I like your blog- you are so cool and friendly!
    just wanted to show you some love.
    I always see you on da king's spot and I had to say
    hello :) stop by sometime!
    P.S. I need a vacation too! :)