Wednesday, November 09, 2005
2nd Job Blues
Ok, so I’m at me new job. I should be relieved right? Wrong! It’s far from what I expected. I knew that I wouldn’t be on the fast pace like I was at KC Company, but this job is extremely slow. I’m bored out of my mind. I started on Halloween and have not learned much since. I’m seeing that with this position, I will become a great assets to Micros, but I will never be able to take the information that I’m learning to another company. I seriously doubt that I want to spend the next 30-40 years with this company – the benefits aren’t that great! People might say that I’m ungrateful, but that’s not the case. I want a job that I like the work and the people. Where I’m challenged, but not overworked. And most importantly, I’m justly compensated for my talents and qualifications. With the old job, I liked the work, hated the co-workers. I was challenged, but overworked. And I damn sure wasn’t fairly compensated. With this job, I hate the work, but like the people. I’m not challenged, but far from overworked. I’m fairly compensated for what I do, but not for my qualifications. It’s still kind of early to state whether I really like this job or not, but so far à I hate it! Speaking with a former co-worker, KC Company has gone to shits w/o me. I was hating my new job so much, I was considering going back. AK said that she would talk to my former boss about me coming back and they getting rid of a certain putz that’s still there and me getting more money. Sounded great… but then I thought about it. Everyone at that company saw how valuable I was, and really didn’t want me to go. My former boss had all the opportunity in the world to give me a counteroffer – see what it took for me to stay – but she didn’t. I’m just starting at this job and it will take me time to get used to the new setting, but I will adjust. I’ll stick it out at least 6 months and try to transfer within the company to the actual MIS department, or just start looking elsewhere, but I REFUSE to go back to KC Company. So please pray for me, that my patience with this new job gets better. My new boss has realized that I’m not slow like most people he has trained, and has recently picked up the pace with my training… so that could be a good sign.

In other news….. the birthday party was great! See pictures. We all were drunk as hell and had a blast! Can’t wait to do it again next year…


Asia and Steve



Kishia


Me and ???


The fellas and Karen


Amanda and Brandon


Kiya, Sheneka, and Karen


Kionee, Karen, and Tarisa


The Ladies


Tarisa and Eric



Me, Sheneka, and Tarisa
 
posted by TTD at 11/09/2005 01:10:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: