Friday, September 30, 2005
So True....
I just read this blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/johnnieblu/28840.html (SabriNutz)

The beginning is just "Play Catch Up on My Life" but the last 2 or 3 paragraphs are soooo true! And I think that I need to live my life that way. I have people in my life that I'd like to consider my friends. I've known them forever and we have a lot of good memories together.. but recently, it's like the only time we talk is when I pick up the phone, and even then we don't always talk. We never see each other anymore. And it's like we have nothing in common.. we're growing in different directions.

So to all of my middle school and college friends.... I'll holla at ya, when I smile at ya! Because I'm not breaking my neck to keep a friendship going that you can't even meet me 1/2 way on.. I used to make an effort to come back to PA at least once a month or two.. who knows when the last time you came to MD - so I ceased my visits.. now I'm ceasing all forms of contact: visits, phone calls, emails, text messaging... I'm obviously not on your mind and nor shall you be on mine. Middle school buddies... we have grown far a part from each other.. we honestly have nothing in common but alcohol... and I rather drink with people I can talk to. I mean really.. what's the point in calling someone if you can't hold a conversation longer than 2 minutes with them and ya'll haven't spoken to each other in over 2 weeks. Of course James (my brother) and Justin are the exception to this... b/c ya'll may disappoint me sometimes, you never let me down... especially when I need you.

And then there are people that are close to me, yet not... and by that I mean we're always around each other (mainly b/c we have to be b/c of our current situation) but we are two totally different people. I have long term goals and you can't see into your future of next year. I want to be associated with people that want more for themselves... that are willing to do their part to reach these goals and not wait for a handout. We honestly have nothing in common... well maybe a few things.. but nothing to want to keep a "friendship" growing.

I used to be more careful about who I call my "friends" I need to get back on that. A friend is one that I have multiple things in common with; that I can talk to; that I can trust; that I can depend on to come thru for me in a time of need; that I can be honest with regardless of feelings; that is happy for me when I am happy and that feels my pain when I am sad/mad.

With that said.. if you thought you were a friend, but now you don't hear much from me.. know that you are no longer considered my friend, you are now my associate.
 
posted by TTD at 9/30/2005 03:19:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: