Friday, August 26, 2005
Which Should be More Important?
Next Monday, I begin Grad School. I'm a little excited, but nervous all at the same time. My tuition reimbursement depends on how well I do in school. I've been out of school for a year now, and I'm honestly not sure if I'm ready to go back.. but I really have no choice, seeing as though school starts in 3 days... I have an issue.. work is trying to be a roadblock for school.. and I honestly didn't think that it would be b/c my department manager encouraged all of us to go back (not unless she didn't mean it??) But back to the title... On Monday, my company begins the implementation of a new phone system, and it's supposed to be my project. Well, my department manager decided to schedule a meeting with the phone people on Monday from 4PM to 5:30PM... I work in Beltsville.. I go to school in Stevenson (the Owings Mills/Reisterstown area.) I need to be gone by 4:30 to make it to class on time without rushing... therefore, I can't make the meeting. I informed my department manager and she kind of got snippy with me, saying that this was MY project and she'll let me pass on this meeting, but I need to make sure that I'm available for the rest of upgrade next week. I'm like.. Bitch! If this really was my project, you would've consulted with me to see if the week of 8/29 was good for me... which it's not! I have to be late on Tuesday.. I'll be by myself on Wed... I'm off on Thursday... and I'm by myself again on Friday... But I'm like.. she knew that I had school coming up.. and for how much the courses are... school is my number 1 priority! But I think that she expect's work to be it.... I think NOT! What do you think?
 
posted by TTD at 8/26/2005 02:12:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: