Sunday, May 28, 2006
This is a beautiful weekend and I’m stuck at my part-time job! I get off at 4PM – so the day isn’t completely gone… but still! This weekend is my last weekend working everyday!! They finally found someone. Now I’m contemplating leaving. I got a couple of dollars saved up from this place. And from the looks of things I may be accepting another offer somewhere paying me more money (full-time gig) so I won’t need this job. I don’t really need it now, but the extra money comes in handy… but the difference in pay at the new job will make up for what I miss here.

I don’t know. This job is easy money! Literally (for the most part) I watch 4 monitors and make sure that nothing turns red, if it does, I call someone else to fix the issue When school is in session, I do my homework – so I get paid to do my homework! And I get paid well… My mom said I’d be a fool to quit. I think I’m just sick of the place b/c I’ve been coming in here every weekend for the past three months when I really should’ve been here 1 weekend out of each month. I have a 3-weekend break before I’m here again…. So we’ll see how I feel when I return.

I think I’ll be going to a foam party tonight at Fur Night Club. I’ve never been to a foam party before… but I heard that they are soooo fun. So I’m going to find out! I was told not to wear anything that I care about… but it’s Fur Night Club… I’m pretty sure they won’t want me in there in flip flops and stuff… I don’t know… I’ll see what I have in my closet of summer clothes b/c it seems as though the weather has broke so I can pack away the sweaters and bring out the tank tops! I love the summer!

GTL and I will be headed for Philly for a cookout at his dad’s. The last time we went… we ate soooo much and it was soooo good! So I can’t wait!!! Only thing is, I know with the 90 min drive up and the 90 min drive back (and that’s if we’re lucky enough not to run into any traffic) I’m going to be exhausted on Tuesday when it’s time to go back to work. Oh well! It’ll be worth it….

I bought these shoes yesterday:






Yes, both pair. These will be my casual but cute shoes this summer. OMG… I went to Bare Feet Shoes yesterday… they must’ve been having a massive sale because they had soooo many pumps and sandals on sale for $20-$30!!!! But I had to refrain myself because I’m throwing my mother a surprise party for her 50th birthday… and my money is currently tied up into that right now…. But trust me… once I get some more of her stuff out of the way… I will be back! I just have to be careful.. cause heels that cheap may not last too long and I’m not trying to be embarrassed while I’m out partying… my heel break or something. LOL!!! So I have to choose wisely.

OK… I think I’ve done enough rambling for one post….
 
posted by TTD at 5/28/2006 11:11:00 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 12:35 AM, Blogger Sangindiva

    Gurl if they are paying you to do homework...
    then get paid until you graduate!!
    The shoes are so cute- I'm a shoe whore so I understand :)
    I know your mom is going to be soooo happy at her party,
    glad you are keeping the focus! :)

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Miz JJ

    That job may sound ideal, but you are too young to burn out from over work. Enjoy your life and your weekends. Extra loot isn't worth sacrificing time spent with friends and family.

    Cute shoes. I like those.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Lāā

    Yeah, I know you'll probably feel better after the 3 weeks off. But you shouldn't work too hard especially being so young.

    How'd the Foam party go and the cookout?

    Cute shoes! I love shoes too! Wish they had a store like that here.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Take a break and chill out! A few weekends of leisure should do you just fine!

    I love cute shoes!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger chele

    Foam party? What the heck is that about?

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger Cool AC

    Wow!! A foam party! My friend went to one of those in Hawaii and they are serious when they say don't wear anything you care about. You should also leave your phone in the car. His was destroyed becasue it got soaked. I hope you had fun.

    I say keep the part time gig. It is low stress work, for great pay, so what is the big deal? You can always use more money... you can stash it so you can retire sooner! Or when you and GTL get married and have kids you will have a nice cushion to stay at home foor longer than 6 weeks.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger TTD

    arent the shoes cute? :-)

    chris - i know what u mean.. i think i'll stay a lil while longer

    sangin - i got 2 more years.. dont know if i'll last that long.. maybe another year

    miz jj - i couldnt agree more which is why i'll wait to see how i feel when i return the end of june

    dee - i miss being a lady of leisure.. i wish i win the freaking lottery!

    laa - i didnt go to the foam party.. the girlfriend that suggested couldnt go at the last min, so i went to a different party w/ another friend of mines

    luvin me - cutes shoes are great.. im definitely will have to go back to that store

    chele - its a party where they release foam into the crowd.. you leave soaking wet.. my mom said they're probably sex parties.. lol.. although some freaks probably do be getting busy in the foam.. it wont be me!

    cool - i dont take my phone in the club anyways so i wouldnt have to worry about that.. but thanks for the advice.. i'll pass it along. & im not having kids anytime soon.. im still young!! but that is a thought!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    bring me a plate the next time u go to philly..lol...them shoes are cute

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    You sound like me and shoes I can buy the same shoe in about three diff colors...I love Bare Feet but my new spot to get summer shoes is this place called Gussini...I be in there for a couple of hours.

    I say if they let you come in once a month then stay it can't hurt but if they want you to come in every weekend like you've been doing then I say bye...that's time you can be sleep LOL