Monday, May 22, 2006
What ever happened to good customer service??

My grandmother and aunt go to Aruba every summer. Almost every year, they buy jewelry from this same store. They’ve been going there for so long that they get a discount on whatever they buy!

Well last summer, my grandmother purchased a diamond ring that was accented w/ smaller diamonds. A few of the smaller diamonds fell out and the ring needed to be resized. My grandmother worked out with the lady that owns the place to have the ring shipped to them down in Aruba to have them repair & resize it and send it back. That was in November/December. Why is it May and my grandmother ring has still not been shipped?

My grandmother sent it via UPS, and paid an extra $100 for the insurance on it. The lady confirmed that she received the ring and that she would send it back ASAP. Around January, I emailed her again asking her the status of the ring. She was like by it being the holiday, the repairer was out of town and they were waiting on him to return. OK cool. But they still could’ve notified us to let us know, prior to me contacting them!

So come APRIL, I contact them again asking them about the status of the ring. I get a response basically saying that they don’t recall ever receiving a ring, can I provide them with more information about it. These muthaf*ckas don’t know who they dealing with!!! Every email I sent them, I BCC my grandmother. She kept them all. My grandmother only works 3 days a week, so she wasn’t in the office the day of this email exchange. So I kindly responded:

It was shipped to you a while ago. You confirmed that you received it. I'll email you back a little later with the receipt number and the delivery carrier's confirmation number. When I emailed you a little while back, you stated that you had to wait for repair a tech to perform the needed work and you would contact me as soon as possible. But as I said, I'll email you in a few.

The next day when my grandmother forwarded me all of the emails, I go into my hotmail account and see an email from the jeweler stating:

The ring is ready to ship, can you please send us your complete mailing address where we can send the ring. Thank you, and hope to see you again on your next visit to Aruba.

My grandmother thought that they were just trying to get out of paying the insurance fee on the ring. I thought, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, that maybe more than one person checks the email account, and the one that sent the email back stating they ain’t know what I was talking about, wasn’t the person that I previously spoke to. Either way.. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

So today, I send an email asking them have they sent the ring back yet? Who was the carrier they went through and do they have a tracking number? Do you know these bitches said that I never sent them an address to ship the ring to!!!! My grandmother is out on personal leave, else I’d resend that fucking email to them! But I responded, I sent it to you, but here it is again… Please send a response acknowledging that you received this and let me know the carrier you’re going through.

I’m like this, even if I didn’t send the address (which I did) they should’ve responded again stating, we’re still waiting on the address to send the ring back to you.

They lost two very loyal customers. My grandmother and aunt have been going to Aruba for at least 10 years, if not more. Every year they go, they either buy something for themselves or a family member. It’s always cheaper to buy jewelry on the islands… but next time I go to Aruba, I’ll be sure to buy my jewelry from a different vendor…

And I hate to really put them on blast, but they have some shit with them, so I need to. They don’t have their own website, but you can get info about them on the two following links: http://www.arubaonline.com/goldpalace.htm or http://www.arubaluxurycondos.com/vendors/goldpalacearuba.htm
The name of the company is Gold Palace. Please do not support this vendor if you decide to go to Aruba (which I recommend you do because it’s a beautiful island!!!)

 
posted by TTD at 5/22/2006 12:34:00 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    I've heard alot of things overseas are cheaper but of course they think Americans are stupid..but hey it is what it is..glad that you saved all the emails I tend to that with lots of things...hope you had a good weekend

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Sangindiva

    Well look at you startin' boycotting campaigns!!!
    Work it out Ms. Tiff!
    I ain't mad at you for puttin' them on blast.
    Companies need to understand that the customer is important!!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger chele

    I hear you. These companies have to realize that the consumer has power and we are not at their mercy. Good for you.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why

    your brutal....but way to go...sounds like mrs.sarccastik...she is cutthroat when it comes to customer service...that's why we get coupons and free stuff cuz they pissed her off...

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger NegroPino™

    SO u mean they did all that so they wouldnt hafta pay $100.....

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ddot the King

    Do what white people do, write a letter! HA!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger LUVIN ME

    Thanks for the haeds up. My friends and I travel alot and this is some useful info!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Not just white people write letters. I always write letters. It is the way to free shit. However, you have to realize that on certain islands they have a laissez-faire attitude towards customer service. It's not like the North America or Europe. Sometimes you need to just roll with it. Or your family can take their business elsewhere.