Thursday, January 26, 2006
I’m not feeling that great this week. I caught a cold Friday night. My girls and I went out to Club Mate and had the greatest time for my home-girl Kiya’s birthday. I haven’t partied with that group of girls (K, T, & S) like that I think ever, and I haven't partied like that period in a minute! But because I had so much fun, I was sweating and then had to step out into that cold ass air afterwards. I was too drunk at the time to use commonsense to get a towel or something to wipe some of the sweat off of me… and now in turn, I have a horrible cold!

I got my hair done on Saturday, but I haven’t felt well in the mornings, that I’ve been rocking a pony tail all week. I must’ve felt it coming Saturday b/c we went to my husband’s co-worker birthday party that night, and it was hot, but I just wasn’t feeling it… I wasn’t in the mood (and I’m always in the mood to party!) Right now, my head is POUNDING!! I just want to go home and get into my bed… but that’s not possible. I’m still w/in my 90-day probationary period at work, so I can’t take off for sh*t! So I’m at work bored out of my mind b/c I’m just not in the mood to do any work. If I were at my old job, I would’ve left after lunch. Damn I need a job that gives me my freedom like that again.

My original plan was to give this place 6 months… but I have decided f*ck that! After my 90 days are up (1-31-06) my search for a new job is on BIG TIME!! I’ve decided to be picky this time around. Don’t settle for something just because it gets me out of the situation that I’m in… but I’m going to be happy about the pay, the location, the hours, the job itself, the people -- everything! My next place of employment, I plan to be there for a while!! At least 5 years (which is a while in the IT profession.) I know that things will work out for me, b/c 2006 is the year of supernatural success in all areas of my life and I know that God won’t let me down.

I just need to work on my patience. Patience is a virtue that I lack… but I intend to work on that… and some other personality traits within…
 
posted by TTD at 1/26/2006 01:22:00 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Guide_to_life

    Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon... must inevitably come to pass! On 1-31-06 when you decide to start posting for new positions i'm sure that you will land the job (no career) that is for you. Remember that success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. And whatever it is you decide to do I will be behind you 100%.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Lāā

    Awwwww! You two are so sweet that I'm getting a toothache (I know kind of corny). LOL

    I hope you are feeling better!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger MZPEACH

    Hope you feel better.

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger TTD

    thanks for the well wishes.. im going to go home & drug myself up and sleep until the next day.. so hopefully I will :o)

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    Hope you feel better. I'm on the hunt as well and have said that I won't stop till I find a career that is right for me in every way. I know you will find something..you sound pretty focused. I hate that 90day period..after that you can let your hair down.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Grant

    Bloggers seem to be getting sick around me. Must be some computer virus. Hope you feel better.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic

    I know how you feel. I’m just getting over a bad cold myself. The first day that it was really bad was a Friday. I hated to take off because I’ve only been on my job just over a month, so I went in. But I did not make it through the day. I ended up working only a half day. I was sick as a dawg! Being that I have a year’s probation that’s can’t possibly think that I won’t be off in all that time, so I was just like f*ck it!

    Hope you feel better soon!!!!