Thursday, January 19, 2006
Bored at Work
OK.. So my boss is gone for the rest of the day and I decided that I wasn’t going to do anymore work today. I asked my blog-chat-room friends to give me a topic to blog about… and I decided on my husband. But just as I was ready to begin discussing how we met, re-met, and fell in love, my home-girl emails me this question: If you had a friend who ran off to get married and never told you for about two years, what would you do and how would you react? So I decided to postpone my blog about my husband for another day and talk about that question…

First off, I’d stop calling this person my friend. Friends don’t keep secrets from each other, especially big ones like that! Friends share everything with one another, especially something wonderful as marriage even if it is via eloping. But more importantly… the friend would be there to share in that special event. I have 5 FRIENDS… and they will all be a part of my wedding day. Hell… 1 of them is the groom!

Secondly, I would ask this person, why did they feel as though they couldn’t tell me about their marriage. I would feel some type of way about that! Did they feel that I wouldn’t be happy for them? If they were trying to keep it low-key, did they feel that they couldn’t trust me? My feelings would be hurt…

…But then I’d get over it and ask them for ALL of the details… When’s the anniversary! How was the day… the honeymoon… married life! Although I’d feel some type of way at first, and although I can be selfish, I wouldn’t let my anger get in the way of my happiness for this person (still no longer friend) if they were truly happy with their decision.

What would you do?
 
posted by TTD at 1/19/2006 02:03:00 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Drama Kween

    1.) Like you said, they will no longer be a person I would consider a friend
    2.)I would be very suspicious and doubtful of their marriage (but will pray that it will work out)
    3.)Whenver the time came for me to get marry, they would get an invite in the mail (nothing personal at all)

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Ddot the King

    I would laugh really hard at him and tell him that he's going to be miserable for not letting me talk him out of it in the first place. Oh and congratulations. :)

    I thought you were already married.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger TTD

    not legally.. but in heart i am :o)

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    what would i do?! i'd wonder how and why they'd want to keep it a secret for 2 years then i'd scream "no you didn't!!!" and tell her/him how romantic i think it is to keep it a secret and run off and get married to the person you love. then i'd ask for all the details and start daydreaming of my big day!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo

    chk mine out sometime
    http://rawdawgb.blogspot.com