Saturday, December 31, 2005
Happy New Year’s!!!
2006 is here. 2005 went by so fast. I guess time really does fly when you’re having fun. It was a good year. Got a new car, a 2nd job, a different 1st job, started grad school, added a new buddy to my list of homegirls (I’ve never had this many female friends at one time!) I’ve been on a few trips (Ocean City, Virginia, Philadelphia, and Vegas.) I really can’t complain about 2005. Don’t get me wrong, as every year, there were there fair shares of ups and downs, but definitely more ups than downs.

With the new year, people tend to make New Year’s resolutions, but I’ve decided to make New Life resolutions. The changes that I will make this year will affect me for a lifetime, not just 2006.

1.) Towards the end of 2005, I lacked in my attendance to church, so I will make sure that I’m on top of my game when it comes to that. I noticed that when I wouldn’t go to church, I was always angry, and I didn’t like that feeling. Plus God is the reason that I was blessed for 2005 and the years before, so I need to give Him praise. Tonight will start my weekly attendance in church as long as I’m physically able to attend (and I don’t have to work at the part-time job) When I go to church on a regular basis, I’m a happier and better person.

2.) I’m going to figure out what I want to do with myself (career-wise.) Right now I feel like I’m not sure if I chose the right career path, and this year I will find out. I’m determined to find a career that satisfies me financially, mentally, morally, and emotionally. Whatever my choice (IT or not) “I’m” going to be happy. I’m going to feel well compensated for my output. I’m going to like the people that I work with and for. I’m going to enjoy what I do (every aspect of it… no I like this, but not this – I’m going to like EVERYTHING.) I’m not going to be stressed out with tons of work to do, but I’m not going to be bored out of my mind with nothing to do. I’m going to have a career that I can be proud of doing. One that doesn’t make me too tired to enjoy life. Whatever career path I chose will be to satisfy ME and only me.

3.) I’m going to determine who my real friends are and let go of the ones that are not. Often time I find myself stressed over situations that my “friends” and I go through. And I’ve come to the point that I’ve realized that if we were really friends, we wouldn’t be in that situation, which means I don’t need you in my life because I’m too young to have a head full of grey hairs. Also, I find myself reaching out to others to maintain a friendship of years, but if I come to the conclusion that if you aren’t putting forth the same effort, fuck it, it wasn’t meant to be – regardless of how many years has been invested into the relationship.

4.) I will build a better relationship with my ½ sister. Her mom was killed, our dad’s a loser (well, he’s trying now, so I should give him credit for that) But she needs a positive influence on her life so that she doesn’t become a statistic. I never really liked growing up as the only child, now that I have the opportunity to have a sibling, I need to take advantage of it.

So that’s what’s what for 2006. If the message that I hear tonight, opens my eyes to something else, I’ll update on Tuesday. I wish that everyone has/had (whenever you read this) a safe, prosperous, and HAPPY NEW YEAR’S!!!!!!!
 
posted by TTD at 12/31/2005 01:26:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: