Monday, August 22, 2005
I didn't get the job...
I interviewed last Tuesday for a job 15 minutes away from my house.. but I didn't get it. I'm not upset that I didn't get it because honestly it wasn't what I wanted to do.. I was just pressed to get out of my current place of employment. What I don't understand is why someone (such as myself) with 2 degrees, working on a 3rd, with 1 year of experience and 2 internships can't get a telephone job b/c it requires a certification?? Certifications don't mean crap! My co-worker has 3... and he's worthless! Just because you have a certification doesn't mean that you're qualified to do IT work. Many certified professionals study to pass the test.. but once the test has been passed... ask them to apply the information and they can't do it! I just don't understand why experience and degree's can't/don't outweigh a certification w/o experience..... Then that makes me wonder.. why the hell did I spend 4 and 1/2 years and a bunch of money on 2 degrees at Penn State when I could've took 1 year to get 2 certifications..... Should I not go to Grad School to get my Master's.. should I attempt to get a certification that states (in my eyes) that I know how to take a test??? I don't know.. then I'm like.. most positions want you to have a couple of years of experience, but how the hell are you supposed to get any experience if no one will f*cking hire you!

Just needed to vent... but just b/c I didn't get that position doesn't mean that I will be discouraged. I'm still looking... Everything happens for a reason.. I take that as a sign that I need to be more particular about where I apply.. If it's a position that I really don't want to do.. don't apply.. regardless of how convenient the location and how much the pay....

Keep me in your prayers that I find a career close to home, that I like, and that pays well, where I can grow.....
 
posted by TTD at 8/22/2005 03:38:00 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: