Thursday, July 28, 2005
Ladies Night Out
More like ladies weekend out... It's so great to have a husband that is so loving and trusting of you and is confident in what the two of you share. There aren't too many men that I know that would let their significant other go out of town with her homegirls... let alone for a whole weekend. (Wait a minute, let me re-phrase that... there aren't too many men that would be comfortable with their significant other going out of town w/ her homegirls.) But since my husband is so great... me and two of my friends went to VA for the weekend.

We drove down Friday night and checked in. The room was cool, except I requested 2 double-beds & they gave me a king.. and they were booked so we couldn't switch rooms.. but they gave us a cot at no extra charge. With the 3 and a 1/2 hour drive, we were beat, so we crashed.

Saturday, we got up and set out for Water Country USA! We had a ball! None of us had ever been and we got on every ride/slide. We got into the wave pool and made T go into the deep in.. she was comical. But we had a great time. We left the park about 5PM. Went back to the room, took a shower and took a well deserved nap! When we got up, we got dressed and went to eat. T was in the mood for seafood. So we went to this seafood buffet restaurant... best damn snow crab legs I've ever had! Too bad this place is only in VA and Myrtle Beach. But we decided that we would make a couple of trips a year to Captain George's. Believe you me, that ride is well worth it! Afterwards, S just had to go clubbing. T and I were so stuffed from dinner, but being the good friends that we are, we went along. We tried not to be party-pooper... but it was hard. People in VA are so different from people in Baltimore. They dress differently, dance differently, demeanor in the club is different. T and I just laughed at people. Most of the dudes there were old enough to be my dad. Needless to say, we didn't stay too, too long. On the way home, my best friend called me crying b/c this dead-beat dude she was dealing with was cheating on her and she caught him. She told my husband also, and he and I kinda got into over this.. which really blew my night. (But that's another blog topic!)

Sunday, we got up early. Checked out. And headed for Busch Gardens. This park is sooooooooooooo beautiful! We did all of the roller coasters and there new ride real quick. By it being the weekend, the lines were long, so after that we headed home b/c we all had to go to work on Monday. But! I will definitely go back and enjoy the park for what it's for. They divided the park into sections and named them by countries. In each country, they have their customs displayed via food, music, dancing, and other entertainment. What I think was so hot about this park (and I know this is some greedy sh*t) but they had real food! Not pizza, chicken fingers, and hot dogs.. but when we walked through Italy, this lady walked out the restaurant with spaghetti, Italian sausages, and garlic bread! OMG!!! And it smelled soooo good! I'm definitely going back.

And Busch Gardens didn't have too many roller coasters that my husband would have enjoyed both parks with me. So next time I go.. it won't be a girls thing.. it will be me and my husband. But me and the girls made a pack to visit a different park every summer.
 
posted by TTD at 7/28/2005 06:46:00 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love it Tiffany!!! You make me wanna blog again! I think I shall. thanks for being my inspiration =)