Monday, February 19, 2007
This weekend wasn’t too exciting… Friday I was supposed to go to 2 separate happy hours, but plans got changed. So I did nothing. I watched TV, I don’t remember the last time I watch Vegas and Numbers…. It was great! I was well rested.

I had to work this weekend at my part-time job. That was…. that. LOL. After work, I went home, and Twin and I went to a Wine Tasting w/ an after party. That was cool. We were there to promote March 9th… but of course we got our party on. Why can’t men just hold a conversation with someone without trying to hit on them? Why can’t they just dance with someone without trying to hit on them? Geesh! We got there about 8:30PM and stayed until about 12:30AM.

The wine tasting was bootleg. It was supposed to be from 7PM-10PM. They said that it actually ends at 9:30PM.. tell me why they were shutting shit down at 9:10? And the dude that they had pouring the wine didn’t know much about wines. They had ONE bottle of about 8 different wines and once they ran out, it was gone. Half of the wines that they had, they didn’t serve at the club. We were like WTF? So after that was over, I kindly went to the bar, and got myself some Hennessy! Twin and I did a lot of promoting… damn near all the cards that we had to pass out, were gone. I met this one dude that does flyers Check him out here. After he saw the card that we were handing out (that I made) he was trying to hire me. We’ll see if that was just the alcohol talking or what… but anyway to make some more money…..

Why this old dude (he was the picture guy) walked up to me & Twin while we were sitting down. He asked were we ready to get our picture taken, we were like sure. His flash was bright as hell! So we asked to see the pic to make sure, our eyes weren't closed. We were like, it's cool. 5 min later, he came back w/ a hard copy for us to purchase... Umm.. when the hell did we say we were going to buy a picture? LOL. And the way a picture looks on the camera, compared to printed out.. is a lot different b/c the picture looked a mess... our eyes weren't closed, but they were on their way! He got mad and was like... you said OK to the picture before I printed it.. and we were like, and we thought you were going to post the picture on the website! Not try and sell it to us. I thought if you WANTED your picture taken in the club, you go to the camera man yourself, not have the camera man try to force you buy a picture. LOL. He had an attitude w/ us. Oh well! That was his dumbness!

Yesterday.. was tax day. I did my taxes, GTL taxes, and my mom’s taxes. I know, Freaky, it’s good to break even.. but shit! I want a large refund! LOL. I always get a few bucks back from Federal, but never a lot… and I always owe bullshit ass MD something! Oh well…. When I have kids… I won’t have that problem! LOL.

After work… I went to Kween’s house. We started back up our Sunday dinners. Last night was Mexican night… that was muy delisciouso! LOL – I stole that from my Twin.

Today… I’m at work… because it’s a holiday, we split the shifts up into 5 hours shifts. I’m working 11AM to 4PM… and it’s pretty quiet, so I’m not complaining.

This weekend is the ski trip… I’m getting a little excited now. I think once I have my shit packed, I’ll really be excited! I have to get some ski gloves… and I’m looking for those hats that cover your face… everything but the eyes. My one co-worker said I should get some goggles… I don’t plan on skiing like that, but we’ll see.

How was your weekend?
 
posted by TTD at 2/19/2007 01:34:00 PM | Permalink |


18 Comments:


  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Freaky Deaky

    Why can’t men just hold a conversation with someone without trying to hit on them?
    What fun would that be?

    Why can't they just dance with someone without trying to hit on them?
    Again, where would the fun be in that? LOL. Now you know dudes ain't coming there just to converse and dance or even to mainly converse and dance, unless that's what you youngsters call prowling for booty nowadays. ;o)

    That man probably didn't even know about the web. He was trying to get on the grind and hustle instead of hoping people would come to him. Now that man has to find two drunk women that resemble you and Twin and convince them that the picture is of them or sell them to some old horny dude in an alley somewhere.

    Have fun on your ski trip.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger TTD

    true.. but damn.. sometimes i like to go out, just party & not get harrasesed! the ONLY reason i was conversing w/ dudes was b/c i was promoting.. most times i can be a real bitch to dudes.. just so they leave me the hell alone, cause if u show any sort of kindness, they become really persistant!

    i hope that old guy didnt sell those pics! they weren't really attractive, so i dont who would want them though..

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger blkbutterfly

    i think that men act that way because it's what we've come to expect and allow. while it would be a breath of fresh air not to deal w/ that in the club, i'm not sure ppl would know what to do w/ themselves if it did happen.

    i did my taxes a few weeks ago and was happy to get the refund! it was nice to have a little something extra to work with.

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Miz JJ

    Men are so corny sometimes. I met a dude this weekend and he was corny as hell. Your lines are tired and not working on me.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am laughing so hard at the bootleg wine tasting. I would've been pissed! Wine tasting is my thing!

    Dude with the picture? Sounds like the guy who runs up to your car at the intersection and washes your windshield! LOL!

    Tax time! Love it ... yeah, the house and the kids boost that refund way up!

     
  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger TTD

    bb - ur right.. but just ONE time would be so great if it didnt happen!

    mizz jj - it's not even that they're corny (dont get me wrong, some definitely are!) i just dont want to be bothered!

    chele - this was only my 2nd wine tasting.. but i was spoiled at the 1st one, so now i act like im a pro! lol

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Cool AC

    I always owe bullshit ass MD something!

    ^^^^ Aint that the TRUTH!! I thought getting a house would help me out, but nope, it sure didnt! Need to move to FL, no state income taxes!!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ladynay

    That wine tasting sounded horrible!

    Travel and ski safely this weekend. I don't know if I could do the ski thing.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Mahogany Misfit

    I never owe any taxes but I also don't get huge refunds either.

    If only I could claim my pets as dependents!

    FUCK!

    Oh and I'm shocked that you spent a Friday night at home!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    cool ac - no state income taxes, really? i need to move there too!

    ladynay - it wasn't that bad.. but it was bad!

    mistress - i was shocked too.. and pissed! but it felt good nonetheless..

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Organized Noise

    "Why can’t men just hold a conversation with someone without trying to hit on them? Why can’t they just dance with someone without trying to hit on them?"

    Have you looked in the mirror lately? I won't continue with that train of thought for fear that I might be hitting on you, but I'm sure you know where that was headed. Ugly people never seem to complain about too many people hitting on them.

    Anyway, this weekend was ok. I was a bum on Saturday and did my taxes on Sunday. Got a pretty decent refund, and I actually plan on saving half of it. The other half will pay for a new pair of glasses and my trip to Boston in April (if we are still going).

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger TTD

    thank you for the compliment... and i have no problem receiving compliments.. but that shouldn't HAVE to lead into being hit on..

    and yes.. it's definitely stil on.. me & gtl's tickets have already been purchased!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey

    WHo knows why men can't just talk and they have to eyeball you or find out if your happy with your man or wanna go half on a baby LOL....

    Have fun skiing I know you'll take loads of pics :)

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger deepnthought

    I am glad you enjoyed your weekend. I hate bootleg wine tastings. They suck. I also hate pushy people. If I want to have my picture taking I will find you..... I miss mexican food.... I hope you have a great ski trip and great week.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger TTD

    honey - you know i'm a picture whore! so definitely be looking for the pics! lol

    deep - that old man was a trip! thanks.. you have a great week too!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger SomeOne

    ok ima need to see one weekend where you didn't have a drink in your hand. lol...

    the club did say wine taste.. some got a taste some didn't those are the breaks, lol.

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger *snake*bite*

    Picked up other half to bottom of country from his first part of training - had the weekend with him and family and took him to his new post!
    Missing him like mad but i might see him on Sat afternoon!!

    xxS*Bxx

     
  • At 7:24 AM, Blogger *snake*bite*

    Sorry!!!

    Have fun on the ski trip!

    xxS*Bxx