Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Intermixing of Friends
I have this one friend that has not liked any of my other friends.. ever since I've known her. She and I are really cool, but she has a sh!*ty attitude that not too many people can deal with, so her number of friends outside of me aren't very many. When you get married, in order to make sure that there is complete trust in the relationship, your friends become your spouse's friends and vise versa.. so I have gained 3 good friends (or associates- if you've read my profile) from my husband. I really like all 3, but 1 (at first) seemed kind of iffy.. but since she really didn't do anything to prove that she's a bad person.. I disregarded my original opinion. Well, my long-term does not like her.. at all! And I really don't understand her reasons. The reasons that she gives are reasons that I shouldn't like, but since I do, why does my friend act the way that she does? My friends's son birthday party is this weekend, and my used-to-be-iffy associate (iffy for short) sort of invited herself to the party.. but she offered to bring something... but either way I can be mean, but I'm not that damn mean to tell her that she can't come; even if it is supposed to be a kids party only. So my friend and I got into it over this. She's going on-and-on about how she really dislikes this girl and how she worked hard for my godson's party and that she doesn't want to be bothered with my associate. Now all this time she's ranting and raving, I'm thinking to myself.. don't you bring your deadbeat boyfriends around me.. and I can't stand them? Don't you stay trying to double-date w/ them.. but I didn't say anything b/c I didn't want to stoop to her level, but I'm not un-inviting someone.. that's just rude! I really don't understand what her beef is though.. b/c I'm putting up for damn near 1/2 of the party! And if I want one of my friends/associates there.. seeing as though it's my house, I can have them there! Plus, it's supposed to be so many people there anyway, that she doesn't have to be around the girl.. there have been plenty of times where we have all been around each other and they didn't more than "hello" to each other. My friend just really needs to grow up.. sometimes I wonder if the reason she doesn't like any of my friends is b/c since she doesn't have many friends, she wants me to be the same way? If so, she can chalk that!
 
posted by TTD at 7/06/2005 09:26:00 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: